TWO ~ Yukio's PoV

I had to admit, (Y/N) took away the tension between Rin and me. Ever since he found out I had lied to him about not having demon powers, we had argued more and more until Rin moved in with Shiemi. But now, (Y/N) took us back to when we were kids.

After school hours were up, I found (Y/N) by her locker, staring down at a cell phone with an annoyed stare.

I snuck up to her and scared her, earning another smack from her book.

I should probably stop doing that.

"Yukio!" she gasped.

I rubbed my head, laughing. "It's okay, it's okay," I noticed tears in her eyes when she glanced down at her phone. "Hey, what's wrong?"

She bit her lip to keep it from quivering and stared at the ground. A drop of salty tears fell onto the ground.

Concern worked its way around my system and I did the first thing that came to my mind. I reached out, pulling (Y/N) into my chest.

"What happened?" I asked gently, stroking her (H/C) hair softly.

She sniffled, finally letting the tears loose.

"My... My mom was texting me, and she said that I have to come home because my dad died."

I let out a breath. Surely her mom had to care enough to atleast call her about it! But why did (Y/N) look so annoyed?

"Oh... I'm sorry," I told her softly, letting her go.

She wiped her tears on her sleeves and sniffled once more. "I-it's fine. I'm sorry you had to see me like this."

"It's okay," I gave her a comforting smile. "I've gone through the loss of a loved one before."

"You have?" She looked up at me. "Who?"

"Shiro," I said. "He was possessed by Satan, so he killed himself to save Rin."

Her mouth flew open and she covered it with her hand. "Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't know."

"It's alright. So are you going home?" I asked.

"No. I'm going to go as long as possible without seeing my family."

"Any reason why?" I wondered.

"I'd rather not talk about that, sorry," she muttered.

"Do you have a place to stay?" I questioned. "A dorm, I mean."

She nodded. "Yes."

I smiled. "See you tomorrow, then?"

She nodded, giving the slightest of smiles. "Of course."

...

Once I had gotten back to my dorm, I collapsed onto the bed. I stared out the window, wondering if and when Rin would ever come back. I knew that he and Shiemi were dating, but it got lonely here all by myself.

I rolled onto my side, tired. My head throbbed with the beginning of a headache, so I rubbed it and tried my hardest to sleep.

I looked around, the room dark. The smell of mold and rotting meat filled my nose, causing me to gag. I looked down at myself.

I wasn't me.

I was a girl, and I was tied up. My ankles and wrists were bound, and my mouth was gagged.

The smell of the room made my head pound, and my body felt too weak to even lift my head as a large metal door opened.

Someone stepped in, put something on the ground next to my head, and walked out. I couldn't get a good look at them because it was too dark.

I forced my head to the side and reached out with my bound hands, feeling something soft.

Bread.

I hadn't realized it, but my stomach was screaming with hunger. I quickly removed my gag and stuffed the small piece of heaven inside if my mouth, hardly chewing before swallowing it.

Eating made me notice how dangerously thirsty I was. I reached out again, feeling a small plastic container with a cold substance in it. I tilted my head back, letting what little water there was trickle down my dry throat.

I pressed my head against the ground, exhausted. I closed my eyes and sighed, falling into a deep sleep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

B e e p.

B e-

|

'Beep.'

'Beep'.

I raised my head, sleepily blinking at my alarm clock as it yelled at me to wake up.

Holy shit, it was already morning?!

I jerked to a sitting position, causing my head to ache.

My stomach growled, and my throat was dry.

What the hell was that dream about?