~Ch 1~

Hey guys! This is my new book and I'm so excited about it! I really like it and I'm working really hard on it. So I know I probably seem really uncommitted right now because I haven't been following up on Common Misconceptions. I promise I will soon but I just thought of this story and I wanted to start before I forget it. I dreamt up this book the other night so I already know how it's going to end I just have to write it. I hope you all like it!

     My name is Hope Jackson and I am awesome. I know, I know. That sounded super arrogant, but it is true. I am like a goddess to the students in my school and for good reason. Not to brag or anything but I was quite blessed in the looks department.

     I have long, dark brown hair that falls in curls above my waist. I have big, brown eyes with flecks of gold in them. My skin is a chocolate color. I have been described by my classmates as looking impossibly gorgeous. Their words not mine.

     I would be lying if I said I didn't love all the attention. Being your schools star player in soccer and head cheerleader gets you noticed.  I walk into school everyday expecting to see people staring at me and waving, desperately trying to get me to talk to them. I'm used to it.

     I always talk to everybody. It makes me feel terrible the way some people treat others just because they are popular.  I wave and smile to people and say hi. They all look as if they have just had a face to face encounter with Beyonce (love you Queen B). I have to admit I love having this effect on people.

     Today was no different. I pull up to school in my red mustang convertible (this car is my child and I love it with all my heart). As I step out people all stop to look at me. Most people would feel self conscious with all these eyes on them but I am used to it and have on an amazing outfit today so I don't mind.

     I quickly glance down and check my self to be sure. I'm wearing a casual grey t-shirt dress with a red flannel tied around my waist with black boots and dark red high socks to match my flannel. Yep. Definitely okay with the stares today.

I finally get to my locker after talking to at least 25 different people. I'm busy cramming books in my locker when someone whacks me in the back of the head. I turn around ready to cut someone when I see who it is.

"Ow, Coleman. What was that for?" I asked annoyed at my best friend Coleman. We have been best friends since we were 5 and I love him like a brother.

"It was needed in advance because I knew you were gonna call me Coleman!" He said trying his best to sound threatening. Everyone else calls him Cole and he hates when I use his full name.

"Aw. Did I hurt my little buddy's feelings?" I ask in mock concern.

He just rolls his eyes. He has long since given up on the matter. I reach up to fix his slightly curly auburn hair when he swats my hand away. Ugh, boys. They can be such babies.

"Oh come on, Coleman." I say annoyed. "I'm just fixing you before any girls see you."

"Oh I'm sorry, mother! I didn't realize I was broken. But go ahead. Fix me by all means." He huffs, his words dripping with sarcasm.

Uh oh. He is in a mood. I decide it might be best to leave this one alone no matter how wrong he is. I love Coleman, but when he is in a bad mood he might as well be a venomous snake. I would much rather keep my distance. We start to walk to our first period. Math. Yay.

Just joking. I hate math with everything I have. Unfortunately, I am very good at math so I have to be in the ridiculous advanced class. That is just stupid. They should be teaching me something useful. Who needs imaginary numbers and all that junk? Can someone please teach me something useful like how to balance a check or do laundry or any actual life skill!