~Ch 3~

It took Nathan a few minutes to start to understand my plan. He didn't get how or why I would help him at all.

"Ok, Hope. Let me get this straight. You want to do stuff like giving me nice clothes and teaching me how to fix my hair like those play boys and introducing me to all your annoying friends."

"Exactly! But I'm also gonna invite you to parties and give you lessons on how to be less of a jerk." I say with enthusiasm as he rolls his eyes at my last comment.

I understand why he is hesitant to let me do this for him. He probably thinks I am just in it for me or something. Well I kind of am. I want Nathan to like me.

     But it's also for him, I swear. I just want him to be happy with himself and if being popular does that then I'll help him out as much as possible.

"Okay, Nathan. Get ready for this. I'm gonna give you the best dang popularity lessons ever taught in the history of popularity!" I squeal.

"What makes you think I'll even let you?"

"Who would turn down an opportunity to be taken under my wing and made the second most popular boy in school?"

"Hey! Why can't I be the most popular?" He whines clearly annoyed.

"Sorry, bud. My best friend Coleman holds that position. Don't worry though. There is no shame in coming in second." I assure him. He rolls his eyes again but seems to understand.

"So now that you have agreed to let me help you-"

"No I haven't." Nathan rudely interrupts.

" You implied it which is basically the same thing. So now that you have agreed we are going to begin step one. Make over!!!!!!" I yell way more excited than I should be. What can I say? It's like I have my own live Ken doll.

"Ugh. Whatever. Just don't ruin me." Nathan says. He really needed to chill out. He's so tense. I think he is an old man in the body of a teenager.

"Okay so first we are going to do some soul searching. What is your best feature?" I ask hoping he will answer genuinely.

"Obviously my charming personality and charisma." He says with a smirk. Should have known.

"Oh my god. You are making this way harder to help you. What is your best feature?" I repeat.

"Ugh. I guess my hair."

"Yes! You have really good natural hair." I say brushing his curly brown hair with my hand which he quickly swats away. "We just need to teach you how to style it."

"Ugh can't you just leave well enough alone." He huffs.

"Nope!" I say enthusiastically. "Now let's go."

I spent the next hour going to Kroger to buy hair gel and teaching Nathan how to use it. It was terrible. Him trying to fix his hair was like a monkey trying to write a book. Pretty rough. I spent a while looking up what kind of hair style would suit him best and finally settled on an side swooping thing that contains his natural curls but doesn't hide them. If I'm being honest, it looked pretty great. I have awesome taste.

      Next part of the makeover is his clothes. No offense to Nathan but the daily nike hoodie and sweatpants look is not really working for him. I literally have no idea how I'm gonna get him to listen to me but I don't care. How fun is this? I have always wanted a little brother to dress up but this is close enough.