Please Stay

For the next few days I was enjoying the company of my beloved Diana. We sat together on the warm sand near the water watching the sun set. The mixtures if purple and orange gleamed across the sky. The sun shine its last light above waters before diming out. As we laid in bed holding eachother close. I needed to know if we were an offical couple. The week was almost over. "Diana?" I said. "Yes." she replied angelic like. "I don't want to ruin this moment. But, I need to know what you are going to do when the week is over." She sat up holding the sheet tight against her. I knew then she was afraid. "I don't know." she sighed. I sat up and kissed her shoulder. "I know you are scared to face him. I just want you to know that I will never let him hurt you. We could runaway together." I replied. "I just need time to think." "Think about what? You love me don't you?" "I do." "Then what? Are you just using me?" She slapped me across the cheek and stormed out of the room. What the fuck is wrong with you Robert? I jumped out of bed and searched for her.

Diana was standing near the balcony. I could hear her crying. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her. I turned her over to face me and wiped the tears from her eyes. I pressed my forhead against hers a sighed. "I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't mean to say all that shit. I just want you to be with me from now and forever. I love you so much." Diana looks up at me running her fingers down my cheek. "Just give me time. My life has changed so much since we've met. You see I was 17 when Francis and I got married. My parents hooked us up because he had money. More like sold me to him so they could pay off their debt. He was 20 years older than me and it showed. The first year was perfect and I fell in love. Then, he changed into this violent animal. I just need you to understand that its a big change for me. I promise you that when I'm ready you'd be the first to know." I let out a sigh and kissed her forhead. "I don't want him to hurt you. If he touches you again, I'm going to kill him. You're mine." She smiled at me and kissed my lips.

The drive back was quiet. I didn't want to let Diana go back to Francis. I want her with me. No matter what happens I'm always going to protect her. I pulled up to my driveway and parked the car. I looked over at Diana and she faced in the direction of her house. "I should go before my husband gets back. Take care." she said quickly getting out of the car. I got out running after. My heart was aching. I pulled her back close to me crashing my lips onto hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me closer. I didn't want her to go. She pushed away slowly amd smiled. "I love you." whispered Diana. I gazed into her eyes and ran my fingers through her long hair. "I love you so much more. Please stay with me." I replied. She back away slowly and walked into her house. I went into the house and dropped my things on the couch. I walked up the stairs and into my room. I plopped down on my bed feeling depressed. I heard a car and I rushed over to the window. I seen Francis getting out of his car holding a bauquet of flowers. I watched him cheerfully run inside. I seen him go into the bedroom where Diana was brushing her hair. Hands her the flowers picking her up. He kissed her cheek while twirling around the room. They began talking and then he hugged her. She looked shocked at what he had told her. My stomach turned as he began kissing her laying her on the bed. I had to look away. What is going on? What did he say?

***Srry for late update...what do you think Francis was telling Diana that shocked her? Vote and comment.***