help

y/n screamed. "ah!" she yelled, throwing her hands in the air and making the light bolts disappear. "i can't do this, i can't..." she whispered the last part and held her face with her hands.

enoch walked over to y/n and held her to his chest, soothing her back. his eyebrows were furrowed.

y/n and enoch were training y/n's peculiarity for about an hour. the girl was now exhausted and annoyed. she tried to be in control over her power - that was what they were training now - but she failed constantly. y/n felt so miserable without any control over what she could do.

enoch felt y/n's insecurity and being unsure of herself and sat her down on the bed with him. he wasn't the best at comforting people or giving them the heads up, so the boy just kept quiet while holding y/n. the girl rested her head against enoch's chest and sighed.

"why can't i control it?" she said quietly. "why am i such a horrible trainer for my power? i'm supposed to be good at this."

"you're not a horrible trainer." enoch spoke. "you're just... a beginner at it. there's nothing bad about that. i used to be like you, too."

"yeah, but since what age are you able to do this?"

"uh... i was seven or six."

"see? that's the problem." y/n sighed and furrowed her eyebrows quite hard. "i'm sixteen, and it's supposed to be a power i don't have to worry about controlling. i could hurt someone any time because i don't know when can i get the sparks out."

then enoch sighed. "what if it's anger? that, like, activates your peculiarity?"

y/n hummed, but she had turned back on hope, anyway. "maybe. not that i could get angry on an exact time."

"what if someone angers you?" enoch suggested.

"who - you?" y/n chuckled lightly. "sure, you annoy everyone, but you can't anger me."

"no," enoch smiled, "not me. could a memory make you mad?"

"uhhh..." y/n furrowed her eyebrows again. "how do you get these ideas?"

enoch shrugged his shoulders. y/n wrapped her arms around his body and laid her head down on his chest. "yeah, i could try that."

aaaaahhhh horribleeeee