23 || Good Morning, Grannie

I woke to a knock on my door.

"Raiya?" Olivia's voice made any drowsiness within my body completely vaporize. My eyes shot open and I bolted upright in my bed.

"Yeah?" I said tentatively.

"Scrambled or fried eggs?"

I released a huge breath, falling back onto my bed in relief. "Scrambled."

"Okay, get up sleepy head. Breakfast is almost ready and I have to tell you all about my date!"

I groaned. Yay. I smoothed my hair and shuffled to the edge of my bed, almost stepping on a huge shell bearing a red Japanese symbol in the process. I held back a scream.

"Raph!?" I hissed.

"Could you have snored any louder last night?" He growled, turning his head to look up at me and raising a brow at my momentary confusion and surprise. "The hell are you freaking out about?" He demanded.

I stepped around him in annoyance. "Oh give me a break, my Alzheimer's kicked in and I forgot you were here."

"No worries, Grannie."

I ignored the teasing and grabbed a sweater from my closet. "You have to be quiet, Olivia can't know you're here," I whispered, pulling it on over my head. He flipped onto his back and sat up, rolling his eyes at the same time.

"I'm a ninja. She'll never know I'm here." He balled up my Jasmine blanket and tossed it. I snatched it from the air and quickly folded it, returning it to its place before heading to my bathroom. After detangling my hair and brushing my teeth, I returned to my bedroom and found Raphael sitting at my desk, flipping through a book. My sketchbook. I cursed under my breath and snatched it from him, throwing it onto my untidy bed instead.

"Don't touch my shit," I hissed the reminder.

He held his hands up in surrender. "Alright, chill out."

"I'm serious, don't go through anything. Olivia will leave soon," I sighed and rubbed my face, "I just have to listen to her talk about her date first."

Raph crossed his arms. "What the hell am I supposed to do while you talk for five hours? Sit here?" I ignored him and left my room, closing the door quietly behind me.

"How was it?" I asked, walking into the kitchen. Olivia stood at the stove, cooking the eggs in a pan. She glanced back at me with a huge smile.

"Raiy I am in love with this guy!" She said. "I swear I'm going to marry him."

I raised an eyebrow. "So it went well?"

"It went amazing! Andy's so sweet and funny and smart and sweet and–oh wait, I already said that." She was practically bouncing on her feet.

"Where'd he take you?"

"To Blossom." I wrinkled my nose at the mention of the vegan restaurant, but she sighed dreamily as if it were a fantasy.

"It was so much fun. We talked about our families at first. He grew up here with his parents, an older brother who moved to Canada and an older sister who moved to Chicago a few years ago. So now he lives in an apartment with his border terrier, Kota," she looked at me pointedly. "And his parents live a few blocks away. Then we got talking about our jobs and how he's been studying physiology for years now and-"

"How old is this guy?" I asked warily.

"Oh, he's only twenty-five. Anyways, he's so smart, he must know everything there is to know about the human body..."