NINE

You two sat in silence as you drove, you tried to find something to say. You remembered the missing person papers that were spreaded all throughout the school,
"hey..um. did..well do you know that girl, Rachel Amber?" that's all you could think to say

"where's that coming from?" he looks awfully bothered and annoyed by the question

"it's just..her missing person's posters are all over the school,someone's really desperate to find her."

"yeah..I knew her." his eyebrows furrowed in a upset manner, like guilt.

"..why do you say it like that? don't you think they'll find her?"

"dead? ...yeah."

"I don't believe she's dead. She's got to be out there somewhere if she's still strong in someone's heart." you were referring to the blue haired girl you saw putting up the posters, she looked so worried.

"that's the cheesiest shit I've heard you say, don't make me push you out this car." Nathan grinned and chuckled

"That's not funny." you looked at him serious, "what if she's in actual trouble?"

"lighten up. i'm just trying to lighten the fucking mood, holy shit."

"sorry..i just..that kind of stuff doesn't sit right with me,let alone joking about it."

"anyway," he changes the subject, "do you want to turn on some music?"

"no thanks." you say, making things a bit awkward. you guys finally arrive to the small beach like cove near the lighthouse. you hadn't ever seen a lighthouse before you moved to Arcadia Bay, it was oddly beautiful and big. Something about it drew you to it.

"um. just stay here.. I don't want this dude to like freak out or something..." Nathan got out of the car and walked towards an RV. A scary looking guy came out from the RV, and he didn't look too happy. You watched them talk before the guy went into the RV and came back out, he handed something to Nathan and Nathan handed him some money. Nathan put whatever he had gotten into his pocket and began to walk toward the car, you quickly looked out to your window to the lighthouse, you watched it tower on the cliff it sat upon.

"let's go get fucked up!" Nathan cheered as he got in the car

"what do you mean?"

"like..high. yknow." he held his index and thumb together and put his hand up against his mouth; like he was smoking

"weed..? Nathan I'm not sure about- -"

"it's fine, we'll be in my dorm." he starts to drive back to Blackwell

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Prescott, that's even worse! what if we get caught?!"

"stop being a pussy," he chuckles, "as long as you're with me nothing's going to happen, okay?"

"Not only am I supposed to not be in the boys' dorm but I'm not supposed to bring drugs on campus,asshole!"

"trust me, okay?" he took one of his hands off the wheel and put his hand on my thigh

"chill, Prescott!" you quickly moved your leg away, he chuckled and moved his hand back to the steering wheel.

you both walk into the boys' dorm, you try to be casual and calm but you're on edge. what if someone catches you guys, what if someone smells the weed? you both would be in serious trouble, the only thing calming you was the smile on Nathan's face, he looked genuinely happy and didn't have that eat shit douchebag grin he usually has.

"(Y/N)..hey." Warren waved before he was going to exit the dorms, he glanced at Nathan. Nathan's smile quickly faded and he stared at Warren, an unhappy look on his face.