Seven

"Vee," I heard someone say lightly, "wake up."

I opened my eyes and saw Sam looking down at me.

"We stopped to get some dinner," he said smiling at me.

I sat up slowly and let out a small yawn. Sam was still smiling at me as I grabbed my coat and put it on.

"Ready?" he asked.

I nodded and we both left the RV. Colby, Elton, and Corey were waiting outside of the RV for us so we could all walk to Taco Bell together. We were going to the same two-story Taco Bell in Las Vegas that they had stopped at on their way to Utah.

"So, who's buying dinner?" Corey asked as we were all walking.

"Elton has to buy our dinner for the next five days," Colby said matter-of-factly, "because he didn't find us in less than two minutes."

All of the guys laughed and Elton said something quietly to me.

"Don't worry, I've got your food too," he said.

"Oh, you don't have to do that. You're already doing so much for me Elton."

"Don't mention it Vee. I believe in you, and so do they," he said gesturing towards the other guys, "I've got your back, through anything that's going to be thrown your way."

I smiled at Elton, not really knowing exactly what to say. He nudged me a little and smiled back.

We finished the walk to Taco Bell and after we ordered our food, we all sat down and ate.

I left the table to go to the bathroom after I had finished eating, and when I got back, Corey had my phone in his hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat back down.

"You wouldn't tell me your Instagram, so I'm finding it myself," Corey said as he looked at my phone.

"How's that working out for you?"

"Not well, what's your passcode?"

I laughed and took my phone out of his hand. I unlocked it and went on Instagram. I pulled up my profile that I'd be okay with him seeing and handed it back. He smiled and thanked me before following himself on my profile so he could follow me back.

I actually had two accounts; my personal account with old pictures from high school and other things, then there was my photography account. It was full of some of the shots I was most proud of. It had a lot of beautiful shots that I had actually put in my portfolio for Cal-Arts when I applied. I didn't like to show people the photos I took. A lot of the time, I hear people tell me that I hide behind a camera lens.

A few minutes later, Corey handed my phone back to me. He had followed me and so did Elton, Sam, and Colby. Corey had also put all of their numbers in my contacts and texted himself so he'd have my number. After a little while, we all left Taco Bell and made our way back to the RV. Six hours of this road trip down, only four left to go.

I sat at the table in the RV and started to watch a few snapchat stories. I was watching Ty's when Sam sat next to me.

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure," I agreed.

Sam took out his laptop and went into the movies he had downloaded on his laptop.

"Is this okay?" Sam asked as he clicked on Be Somebody.

"Yeah, this is great," I said as I looked at the screen.

We watched as the opening screen played. I have seen the beginning of this movie but I've never seen the end. I don't know how it always happens, but I always end up missing the end.

Sam was paying attention to the movie as I looked in his direction. I just looked at his face and smiled slightly at how his jaw line sharpens just a little more when he smiles. After a few minutes, I realized that I was just staring at Sam like I creep so I looked back at his laptop screen. Every now and then I'd glance back at him. He's just so mesmerizing and I have never been so intrigued by anyone in my entire life.

I was pulled away from my thoughts when Colby sat down across from us.

"What are you guys watching?"

"Be Somebody," Sam answered.

I wonder if Colby saw me staring at Sam. I started to blush a deep shade of crimson at the thought. I put my head down a little in a sad attempt to hide my uncontrollable blushing.

I heard my phone vibrate from where it sat on the table. I picked it up and saw the name Corey appear on my screen. I glanced up and saw Corey sitting next to Colby.

I opened the text message and it had one simple statement.

Corey: You're blushing...

I just shook my head with a small smile on my face and didn't reply to Corey's message. A few seconds later, my phone vibrated again. It was once again Corey. This time I answered him.

Corey: You're still blushing. What's on your mind? ;) Either tell me now or later, but you're going to tell me...

Me: Leave it alone

He looked at me before getting up from where he was sitting and moving to the seat in the front of the RV next to Elton. I looked back to Sam's laptop screen and finished the movie. I must say, the ending is good.

Sam closed his laptop and smiled at me. We sat there making small talk for a little bit before he went to lay down. I made my way to the front of the RV and walked into Corey and Elton having a conversation about the trip.

"Elton, do you need a break from driving?" I asked.

"No, I'm okay," Elton yawned.

"Seriously," I insisted, "I really don't mind finishing the drive. You've already driven for like more than seven hours. As long as someone is awake and alert to tell me where to go, I can drive."

"No, I appreciate it Vee, but I'm okay. There's only about two hours left, but thank you."

"If you get too tired, let me know and I'll take over for you," I offered.

I was about to walk away, when Corey started a whole new conversation.

"So Vee, why were you blushing?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Corey."

"Vee, your cheeks were redder than the flannel tied around your waist." Corey laughed.

"I don't recall," I stated, not giving in.

"You can tell me, or I can ask Sam considering he was the one sitting next to you. I'm assuming he must know," Corey pushed.

"Nope, you've got it all wrong Corey. You see I wasn't even sitting next to Sam, that was simply his evil twin, and I wasn't blushing. Just being next to someone of an evil origin must have made my cheeks a little red is all," I said completely serious.

Elton started laughing at the dumbfounded look on Corey's face as I walked away.