Twenty-Nine

I opened my eyes as the morning sun came through my window. I looked over and saw Sam still fast asleep next to me. I looked at my phone and remembered that today's the day. Today is the day I am moving into my college dorm. I turned twenty-one just two days ago and I will admit, I'm sad that today has come. In my dorm, I won't be waking up next to Sam, and I won't get Circa kisses at all times of the day, and I won't have Elton walking into my room whenever he wants to make sure I'm not making out with Sam, and I won't have Colby having playful arguments with me about music and lyrics, and I won't hear Corey yelling at all hours of the day and night, and I won't have Aaron running around filming as Doug or his other characters. I'm going to miss all of it.

I wanted to savor this as long as I could, so I rolled over and cuddled closer to Sam. Sam held me tighter around my waist in his sleep and I just smiled. I'm really going to miss this.

"Vee, it's move-in day, you have to get up," Elton said as he came into my room about half an hour later.

Sam kissed my forehead as he was waking up once Elton came in. Sam loosened his grip around my waist and I sat up slowly.

"Good morning," Elton laughed as I glared at him.

"Morning," I said with my irritation evident.

"You have an hour to get ready," Elton said to me, "we have some stuff to do before we get on the road, so come on, get up."

I got out of bed and walked over to my suitcase. I grabbed my clothes and changed in the bathroom. I put the pajamas I was wearing before in my suitcase and packed away my makeup and toothbrush after I used them. I zipped up my suitcase and set it by the door. I looked over at Sam, who was still laying in my bed, and smiled.

"You're so beautiful," Sam said quietly to me as I sat down on my bed next to him.

"I'm going to miss you," I said back to him as Sam held my hand.

"I know baby, I'm going to miss you too, but you're only an hour away and I'll come see you every weekend until you get sick of me," Sam said as he kissed the back of my hand.

"I'll never get sick of you," I smiled and Sam put his hand on the inside of my knee.

We just sat in that position for a few minutes before Elton walked back into my room.

"I don't see much progress being made," Elton joked, "Sam, if you want to come with us to move Vee in, get your ass out of that bed."

I looked back at Elton and he walked away.

"I'll be right back," Sam said as he placed a kiss against my lips, "I'll go get ready and then I'll come help you pack up your car."

Sam got out of my bed and walked down the hall to his room. I looked at the belongings that still sat in my room. We had brought most of the stuff I was bringing to college downstairs last night, but there were still a few things left up here. I grabbed my suitcase and carried it out of my room and brought it downstairs. I had finished bringing the last of my stuff downstairs when Sam was ready. The two of us began packing up my car with my belongings. I don't know how, but everything I had to bring to school fit in my car.

We went back inside the house and found Elton standing in the kitchen. Sam and I leaned against the counter, waiting for Elton to finish what he was doing on his phone.

"All packed?" Elton asked as he put his phone down.

"It's all in my car," I answered.

"Good. There's one thing we have to talk about before we can leave," Elton said looking at me, "I got an e-mail late last night from the private investigator Corey and I talked to. He found something."