Eight

"We're home boys!" Elton called as he put the RV in park.

He turned off the ignition as I looked out the window.

"This is your house?" I asked in disbelief.

"It is, we all live here with another roommate named Aaron and Corey's girlfriend, Devyn," Elton said as he appeared next to me.

"This house is bigger than every house I've ever been in combined!" I exclaimed, still just looking out the window.

Elton and Corey both laughed at what I said as they woke Sam and Colby up. The guys all left the RV and started to unload their belongings. I grabbed my bag and put it over my shoulder before going to help. Elton handed me my suitcase and I waited for him to grab his own. Everyone else had already gone inside, they were too tired to care.

I followed Elton into the mansion and looked around in awe as entered through the front door.

"You won't be meeting Aaron or Devyn tonight because of how late it is," Elton said, "but you'll meet them in the morning. For tonight, I'll show you where your room is so you can get some good sleep."

I nodded and replied with a simple okay. I followed Elton up the stairs, as instructed, and we walked down the hallway a little bit before he opened a door.

"Okay, this will be your room while you're here. Mine and Corey's are downstairs, but Sam and Colby both have rooms on the far end of the hall. Through this door is your bathroom. If you want to take a shower or anything tonight, feel free, the towels are in the closet. Is there anything you need before I head to bed?" Elton asked.

I just walked over and wrapped my small arms around him in a hug.

"Thank you, you have no idea how much it means to me," I said quietly.

"You're welcome, get some sleep," Elton said as our hug broke and he left the room.

I looked around the room that I would be calling mine during my stay in California as it was all so surreal. I unzipped my suitcase and pulled out some black shorts and a blue workout top. I changed and grabbed my toothbrush. I brushed my teeth in the bathroom connected to my room and splashed some water on my face to take off what makeup remained on my face.

I turned off the bathroom light and got under the covers in the big comfortable to bed. I melted into the mattress and drifted to sleep.

I woke up in the morning to the smell of food and the sound of voices. I sat up in bed and stretched. There were knots in my joints the size of softballs from all of the stress I've been under lately. I groaned from the way the knots made me ache. I put my feet on the cool floor and walked over to my suitcase. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a maroon tank top. I changed and put on my Adidas. I pulled all of my hair up into a messy high ponytail and left the room. I slowly walked down the stairs and followed the sound of Corey's voice. I walked into the kitchen and saw a group of people.

"Hey good morning," Corey said looking at me, "Vee this is my girlfriend Devyn, baby this is Vee, the girl I was telling you about."

We said our hello's and I must say, she is absolutely gorgeous.

"Hey," I heard from behind me.

I turned around and saw Sam standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hey," I said back simply.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked.

"Great," I answered, "what do you have planned for today?"

"Well, Colby and I have to film our video for Sunday, but I was also hoping you'd let me take you around LA so you could take some pictures and explore the place where you should be going to college," Sam said with a hopeful tone in his voice as he grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge.