Chapter 5

| Your P.O.V |

Tuesday..

The garden in the backyard was massive as expected. The place was mostly filled with different colored flowers and such. At the center of the garden stood a huge cherry blossom tree, and there you sat under it, holding a thin book and watched the scenery before you as cherry blossom petals fell down. The landscape glowed orange under the burnt sky. The golden waves of corn stretched in every direction to the horizon and the sun almost setting.

"Ohh, [y/n]. I was looking everywhere for you" a pair of bloomed bluebell eyes framed by thick eyebrows and dark ebony lashes greeted you.

"Yo, Kiyoshi? You came to visit?" you smiled, and slowly, you scanned the tall figure before you. His face was very innocent and pure, with eyes that once you stared into them, you would lose your sense of time and space, but for you it looked average.

You had your gaze lowered before it went quiet. The silence was a poison for the two of you, for in that void of sound the shallowness of your conversation was laid bare, there was no whispering noise or rustling. Until you snapped out of it and spoke to break the silence.

"Is mom and stepfather home yet?" you asked as you looked up to see his beautiful face once more, the pink cherry blossoms reluctantly falling down in a graceful manner.

"Mhmm.. They are waiting for you in the dining hall" he faintly smiled with a nod, gazing intently into your [e/c] colored eyes. Unlike Kazuki's eyes, Kiyoshi's eyes were darker, even though they have the same eye color, yet it was an alluring shade of blue, so dark they looked like two oceans in a hailstorm. His eyelashes were so long, it looked like it was about to brush the apple of his cheeks as he looked down at you.

"Why do you look oddly familiar.." Kiyoshi claimed, his voice etched in curiosity. He crouched down to your level then leaned his face toward yours. Out of the blue, he traced your bottom lip lightly with the tip of his finger. It pouted slightly, and he had such an urge to bite it, to kiss it, to wrap them up and chop it off.

The feeling made him jolt, and for a moment he stopped, there was something about his reaction. It felt as though his heart was dancing around his chest; and a hole, he was never aware was there, has been filled. Kiyoshi felt so light, like he was on top of the world yet his heart was constricting and it felt as if there was no oxygen in his lungs. But you immediately slapped his hand away, blushing.

"Oh, s-sorry. I got carried away.." Kiyoshi stuttered, wide-eyed as he quickly moved away from you. Blushing would have been no problem, but what you did was go as red as a beetroot and radiate heat like a hot pan. "If you do that next time, I'll slap your face" you blurted before leaving him without another word.

You walked your way towards the kitchen without knowing where you were going, taking little of your time, though you have reached your destination anyway. You opened the floor to ceiling french doors, immediately spotting Kou at the dining table, who was reading something familiar as of the moment.

The dining room was exquisite. The walls were covered with a shimmering gold paper and in the middle of the ceiling above the long carved oak table was a candelabra. At the end of the table were floor to ceiling windows. The polished silver cutlery shone brightly in the early evening light, and at each place stood a tall empty wine glass and there were beautifully folded napkins to match the runner.

"Kou, where's everyone? I thought they were here?" you brushed your [insert length and color] hair to the side, asking him as you continued to scan the spacious room with your hands on the table.

"Father went outside to get the wedding gifts our aunts and uncles have delivered and stepmother followed him, whilst Katsumi is in the kitchen and I have no idea where Kiyoshi is as of the moment, especially Kazuki. He went somewhere" Kou, the third son, answered. There was something puzzling in the his gait. It was like something was weighing him down on one side and his muscles were struggling to compensate.

"Is that snow white and the seven dwarves?" Kou pointed at your book, then looked at you, waiting for a response. His eyes were deep swirls of leaves and barks of wood framed with long dark eyelashes as he coldly stared.

"Oh, yes it is. They wanted me to play as snow white, but I told them that I don't like playing princess so they made me the evil queen instead" you peered his way, sitting down on the chair opposite to him.

"That sucks. I got the prince, and as for the dwarves, they will be played by first years" he nonchalantly said whilst raising the same book he was reading to show it to you. After that he went back to continue reading his lines, but he stopped as if he forgot something. "I also think that It'd be better if you were chosen as the princess for the play" his statement made your eyes roll once again.

"Why me?" you quickly asked, raising an eyebrow. Apparently Kou didn't answer your question and chose to ignore you and continued reading his lines. But he was curling his lips up into a distubing smile while running his fingers through his dark lustrous hair.

"Good evening, dear" you heard your stepfather's voice, making your head turn to the direction where the sound was. You found him with your mother and Kiyoshi, sitting down at the dining table.

"Yes, good evening, [y/n]. I am sorry if you two have waited too long, we took care of something. Are you hungry?" your mother asked as she flashed a faint smile. You nodded in response then looked down, refusing to look into everyone's eyes.

"Kiyoshi, will you please stay here until we come back from work? We are leaving tomorrow and we will be gone for a few days, the wedding is in a week.." your mother stated, clasping her hands together on the table.

"Mhmm, leave it to me. I'll watch my siblings for you" Kiyoshi humbly nodded and found a distraction outside the window, offering no ongoing conversation of his own, so your stepfather began again.

"As for your dresses, I have contacted a famous designer, he will arrive the day after tomorrow to get your body measurements" your stepfather calmly said, scanning the room "Have you seen Kazuki and Katsumi?" he added, asking you and your step brothers then crossed his arms.

"Ahh- Katsumi is in the kitchen and Kazuki hasn't arrived from school yet, but blondie texted me that he won't be back home until ten and inform everyone about it, he says that he needs to do something important. But don't you think Kazuki will be a little late?" you wondered followed by a chuckle, with that silence hung in the air, everyone began to eat silently. It wasn't so bad, was it?