Chapter 13

| Your P.O.V |

Eight years ago..

[A/N: please play and loop the YouTube video right next to the photo for better reading experience!]

You have never been afraid of 'monsters' per-say. You did believe they existed, you just didn't think they were furry and lived under your bed and in your closet. You knew a monster once. In fact, you loved him. He played dolls with you, and he spoiled you with lots of gifts. He had deep hazel eyes, and a smile nearly identical to your own. You thanked God for your very own monster, every night. Your monster wasn't green or purple. He didn't even like purple; That's why he made you have all of the purple on your arms.

Your monster didn't come out and scare you after you had fallen asleep. No, your monster only scared you when he came home. You'd always choose the most perfect memory of your father and cling to it. You chose it because in that moment he was the person he should have been, would have been, had it not been for the stress of life. In that snapshot his unwarped personality was something so golden and sacred you wanted to keep it forever. It kept replaying in your mind. It would never stop.

...

"Dad! Can you please buy me [f/c] cotton candy and a [f/c] balloon?" You asked, pointing at the balloon boy and the man who had a cotton candy stand. It was the third time this week your father took you to the theme park. Happiness flowed through you, warming your skin like the rays of an early summer sun.

"Of course, I will buy anything for you, princess. Happy eighth birthday [y/n], even though it was the other day hahaha.." you father awkwardly replied as he looked down to see your smiling face while holding onto your hand. His customary cautious grin exploded into a radiant smile.

Your father was a proud man. He was strict, disciplined and of high principal. He was short tempered and did some wrong in his life but he wasn't a bad man. He had just been washed with bad experience and born more short-tempered than most. He wore his pride like a parapet, and it broke when his company lost all the money and investments. Everything began to change since then.

"I- I don't know what to say. It's alright, we're here for you, dear. Everything will be alright. I will help you get money. Please don't cry" your mother comforted him everyday whenever he would start crying. Your father grew up with a silver spoon but without any love from his parents. He wanted a life where his children would be loved by him, but now he was a mess and only got worse as days passed by. He didn't want help, that was the kind of man he was.

"Lady, go buy me some booze and another pack. I need more!" He now smelled like cigarettes and alcohol; the way broken people do. They found dipping themselves into alcohol to be the only way to forget about their mistakes, and to stay away from cleaning up their mess. You thought he would be different, at least he didn't sound like them. But he was one of them and how you wished he wasn't. You wished he was more like the father he used to be. But things have changed.

There were nights your mother would lock you in your closet as you listened to the sound of fighting. You remained right where you were with just a toy to comfort you, until one day she forgot to lock the closet. "Don't come out until I say so, alright? Let mommy take care of this for you" she smiled as she was closing the closet, and you noticed it wasn't locked, but didn't tell her. A few moments later your mother began to shout from the bedroom beside yours, your father began to hit her and the screaming started. You pushed your face into your fluffy bear and couldn't help yourself but stop your father.

You came out of the closet and ran into their room, "stop hurting mommy!" Then a smouldering stare held onto you who had frozen in front of him. Your father could feel his thoughts all gnarl together as the temptation to hurt you poisoned his bloodstream. An immaculate hunger twisting his insides as he lurched forward, pouncing at you with the luminous hazel eyes. He could feel you squirm, your delicate frame pinned beneath his body as his actions quickened. Soon your hot blood became a dry abyss, he scooped your limp and decrepit body and trapped you beneath the solid terrain. He didn't desire your death... but he thought your screaming voice was inevitable.

Your mother ran to him, began to hit him, and repeatedly yelled, "no-! Please, stop! [Y/n], cover your head- Dear! Stop it! Don't hurt her! Hurt me! She has nothing to do with this!" Your father stopped as soon as he heard her, he was pretty pissed. He squeezed your mother's shoulders and started screaming at her then slapped her then shoved the table to your direction which caused the glass vase to fall on you and severely wound your back, your father then pulled your mother down to the floor and continued beating her up.

Then you realized you had no other choice, even though your body was weakened from his punches and your back cut up from the broken pieces of the vase, you still managed to stand up with clenched fists. You ran out of their bedroom to go to the dining area and grabbed an empty bottle of beer, then went back to that hellish room once you got what you wanted. When you came back your father was forcing your mother to have sex with him and it broke your heart.

'Why is he doing this? Am I going to live the rest of my days like this with mother until father dies? Why has father become weak?' You thought. You tightly grabbed the bottle, looking at your feet and slowly walked towards your father while hearing your mother sobbing, "get out! Please! Let me take care of this". You lifted your face as you swung your arm while holding the bottle with an angered expression. You hit his head, causing him to pass out instantly.

"[Y/n]" you looked at your mother, relieved. Then your vision blurred as tiny droplets of sweat ran down your forehead, you couldn't stop breathing heavily and tried to calm yourself down, then everything fell away and all you could see was pitch-black. You woke up. Only to find yourself in a hospital room, beside you was your mother on a hospital bed as well. A week later, you and your mother was finally discharged from the hospital. A month later, your parents divorced, and your father started a new family. 'Why did he leave us? We could've just started all over again.. What an idiot' that was on your mind, yet you still cried.

When you were in third grade, you didn't make any friends. The feeling was strange; too familiar yet too strange. You never knew how to define it. You wanted to smile, laugh along with everyone but something in you grabbed your heart tight, crushed it to pieces. The brightness inside of you was gulped by something dark. No, you would be wrong to say it was dark - it was empty, nothing else. When you got into middle school, your classmates began to bully you. You let them hit you because you thought that you had no purpose in life anymore.

You looked down as the girls shouted insults at you, hurt you, you tried not to show that you were hurting inside. What else could you do? Suddenly you felt her fist hand on your face. You stumbled backwards and blood trickled from your nose. She flipped her hair and turned to leave. It was the same day everyday until they came. You met Leo, Nini, Violet and Blue on the last year of middle school, they were the only ones who helped you when you were in need, always cheered you up when you feel depressed. Ever since then you got back to your old happy self for six years. 'But now, they're dead'

Present...

The first call of the thunder, the roar, ran an immense exhilaration through your veins as you wandered around in the streets. "[Y/n]!" You turned to where the voice came from and saw Kazuki drenched from the rain. He looked worried. "Everyone was looking everywhere for you, especially your mom!" You ignored him and watched the rain fall down instead. You looked up, your face was soaked. You shivered as another wave of ice hit you as you thought about Leo and Nini. You were crying silently, but it seemed like Kazuki didn't notice, or so you thought.

"Are they still on your mind?" He asked, staring at you. You looked at your left, still ignoring him. "I know this is selfish" he whispered, "but please forget about them, especially him.." He traced the line of your cheekbone and finally, you lifted your face, looking at his beautiful face, well defined with a sharp jaw and angular cheekbones. The complexion of his skin going well with his ocean eyes.

Kazuki suddenly crashed his lips against yours. A lone tear escaped from his eyes and the rest of your words were lost against his mouth, each of you tasting the cold drops of rain. Kazuki pushed his lips in more firmly and the wave that ran through you was intoxicating. You didn't care anymore and just melted into the kiss.

You didn't regret it.

Or so..

You thought.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

I hope you enjoyed the update as much as I enjoyed writing this chapter! Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote!

~ author-kun •ω•