35

There I was, there he was, it was silent which pained me. I watched carefully as his eyes flickered from my head to my feet, searching for any expression on his face. But he was hard to read, he furrowed his eyebrows as he looked back up at me.
"Hey." He spoke gently.

His voice was nothing like I had expected, I thought he would be loud and slightly high pitched but I was not prepared for his voice to be a few octaves deeper than in my head and whilst I had imagined him to be outgoing he instead spoke with a whisper.

"Hi," was all I could muster, my brain was preoccupied with billions of thoughts. We stood in silence, however it was not like the awkward quiet where you ache for a slight sound it instead was peaceful. The type of silence you don't mind being in, almost as if I had known him my whole life.

"Mina!" A booming voice interrupted the peace suddenly, and my eyes snapped to the blonde standing a few feet behind Jonas, "wow, you look different to your photos." He chuckled lightly as he examined my body.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I joked whilst raising an eyebrow in his direction, "are you saying I'm ugly?"
My question made him squirm, it also made Jonas snort.

Isak shook his head, "No no no," his cheeks grew a dark shade of red as he shifted from one foot to another, "I meant you're short, I expected you to be a lot taller."

I looked down at my feet, I was not short, "I'll have you know I stand at a solid five foot four, that is not short thank you very much." With my arms folded over my chest, I inhaled deeply.

"You are quite short Mina." Jonas' deep voice quipped. He smirked as I snapped my head to look at him, albeit I did have to tilt my neck slightly but that was because he was too tall, not vice versa.

"Who asked you eyebrows?" I laughed, not being very good at thinking of comebacks on the spot. That was a talent Rosalie had managed yet I was not as good with.

"Nice one squirt." He replied quickly, making me roll my eyes, "don't roll your eyes at me little one."

"This is bullying," I muttered shaking my head as they bantered back and forth with nicknames based on my height, where was Rosa when you needed her.