36

Mina sat on Eva's couch, tightly wedged between Isak and Rosalie. It was silent. Eva and Jonas had disappeared to the kitchen to talk. When Eva had originally asked the curly haired boy if they could have a chat Mina's heart dropped.

She sat in silence, her stomach twisting, and couldn't help feeling pang after pang of guilt. The voices in the hallway were becoming louder and faster, and Mina knew this wasn't the talk Eva had wanted. Slowly, she pulled her phone out and scrolled through Instagram. Her finger stopped and she stared at the photo of Jonas that had appeared on her screen.
Whilst she sat staring her mind ran away with countless thoughts, Mina had never felt like this bad of a person, here she was listening to one of her closest friends argue with the boy she could possibly be in love with and all she could think of was how she wanted to get out of that cramped house.

The sound of glass shattering made all three of their heads snap towards the door, where Jonas could be heard cursing loudly. It was eerily quiet for what felt like forever but could have only been seconds before Eva let out a high pitched scream and then she too began to curse. It continued like that for ten more minutes. Jonas would say something horrible, that Mina knew he'd regret, and then it was Eva's turn. With each insult being shouted and the clatter of something else being thrown Mina felt more and more guilt slap her. She could have done something that would have stopped it escalating to this point. If only she had opened her fat mouth.

Eva had just finished screaming about Ingrid, when Jonas snapped, "I had to find out from a third year I don't even know, that you kissed Chris. Fucking Chris. And you told Mina before me!"
Upon hearing her name, Mina sat up straight not knowing what to do. Isak and Rosalie who had been innocently staring at the TV also payed attention to this.
"Fucking Mina, some stranger from the fucking internet knew that you had cheated on me before I did." Jonas yelled, and it fell silent once again.

"Are you fucking joking," Eva laughed, before the clang of something else could be heard, "And how did we meet Mina? Because you were fucking messaging her. Behind my back!" There was more awkward silence, and Mina felt the same twisting feeling in her gut once again, "And I fucking read the messages between you and the boys about her. What was it again Jonas, can you remember what you wrote? Because I sure can." Her voice trailed off at the end, and she truly sounded hurt. Which made Mina feel physically ill.

She fidgeted in her seat, looking over at the Isak, curiosity surged through her body. She was desperate to know what had been said, but the blonde boy only shook his head and shrugged, "Don't look at me, I cant remember." He mouthed to her, awaiting the argument to restart again in the kitchen, then suddenly as if someone had read out the messages to him his eyes widened, "Oh no." He whispered, grasping his phone tightly.

Mina glanced towards the door, waiting for the shouting to begin again like it had been for the past forty-five minutes. But it didn't. Instead she heard the door slam shut, Rosalie jumped to her feet as if desperate to know what was happening, and Mina followed suit.

Slowly, she shuffled her way into the kitchen behind Rosalie. On the floor were countless utensils and cutlery which had been thrown with an array of words, the bowl of pasta which was on the counter was splattered up the wall beside the front door, tomato sauce pooling on the floor. As Mina's eyes finally reached Eva, she saw the poor girl with her arms folded and face damp.

Stepping cautiously over broken plates, Rosalie pulled Eva into a tight embrace, and as soon as her face rested against Rosa's shoulder she started to sob. Mina suddenly lost all feeling of guilt and instead felt rage building up inside of her. Whatever was wrote in those messages had broken her, Eva had just watched the boy she loved walk out leaving nothing behind except and array of curses and a mess.

Without thinking, Mina pulled on her shoes and darted for the door, "I'll be right back." She yelled before walking down the steps. At the end of the road she could see a blur of brown hair and orange coat, and she began to run after the blob of colour in the distance. "Jonas wait!" She panted as the blur became clearer. The boy stopped and turned on his heel.

Mina was about six foot away from him when she stopped, panting she began to talk, "What messages?" Jonas looked up, eyes wide almost shocked she knew or shocked she had asked which ever it was she didn't care. He had just broke the heart of one of her closest friends.

"You don't want to know," He began to talk, folding his arms over his chest, but she cut him off.

Mina spoke fast and didn't care if he understood or not, "I do. And im going to find out whether you tell me or someone else does." She mimicked his actions and crossed her arms too.

"Mina just go home, its none of your business," Once again he was cut off.

"I'm making it my business, because I've had to sit for the past fifty minutes listening to you both trying to hurt each other and I did not come over here for that. Believe it or not I could have heard that shit back in England, but no I came here because Eva is my friend. And friends don't let each other hurt without getting answers. She knows what she did was wrong, and she feels bad but these messages are hurting her and I want to know what they are."

Jonas looked at her for a while before he sighed, and stepped forward. Unlocking his phone, he began to scroll through his group chat, Mina's breath hitched in her throat as she began to read.