41

The thick and pungent smell of alcohol clogged Minas nose as she entered the house.
Within moments of being inside a red cup had been thrusted into her hand, she smiled politely to the teenage boy who had passed it to her but as soon as his back was turned she placed it down. She was certainly not drinking a weird concoction of alcohol that a stranger had given her.
Rosalie on the other hand had already finished hers and was sauntering through the crowd looking for more. Mina rolled her eyes, maybe she should stay sober and keep a close eye on her friends.

The plan to keep her friends under control had failed, miserably. As she watched Eva and Rosalie jump around on top of the coffee table. Instead of pulling them off like she should've done she had decided to join them.
All three girls were swinging their arms around and screeching the lyrics to some song from when they were younger. Mina was quite possibly having the time of her life when it was interrupted by a tug on her arm.
Looking down she was met by Jonas' gaze. "What do you want?" She snapped, though she doubted he could hear over the booming music. He furrowed his eyebrows and indicated to the front door, with an eye roll Mina stepped down and followed him outside.

The cold air hit her instantly and she crossed her arms, "can we hurry this up? I'm missing the party." Mina ran a hand through her hair, her head reeling from all the alcohol.
Jonas nodded, "are you cold?" He asked, as he tugged off his jacket, "Here." He threw it to her.

She smiled as she tugged it on, it was a few sizes too big but felt snug, it was a plain red jacket but somehow Jonas made it look so good.
"Thanks, so what did you want to speak to me about?" Mina took a seat on the lawn chairs and curled her knees to her chest.

Jonas sat on the seat beside her and smiled as he looked at her, taking in all the details of her face. Because of her light skin tone you could see all her freckles in the moonlight, and her doe eyes glinted.
"Stop staring you creep." She laughed pushing his arm lightly, "Is there a reason you dragged me away from my dance?"

Jonas laughed, "Yes. You are a dreadful dancer. I didn't want you to embarrass yourself anymore." He shrugged.

Mina gasped at his statement, "I'll have you know. Beyoncé asked me to be her pack up dancer so your opinion is invalid." She flicked her hair over her shoulder with sass. Which made him snort, "Don't hate me cause you ain't me."

He couldn't seem to take his eyes off the short girl in front of him who was still giggling to herself, "You're so beautiful."

Mina sighed feeling a pang of guilt in her stomach, she couldn't help but think about Eva. And she began to wonder if he said the sam things to the red head, "Stop. Don't say stuff like that. You're my best friends ex." She ruffled her hair again, looking away from him.

"Sorry." He stood up brushing down his legs, Mina watched as he cleared his throat, "I don't really know why I dragged you out here. I'm sorry, for everything I mean-"

Mina cut him off, "You're apologising to the wrong girl Jonas. I'm not Eva." She stood up too. "I do like you Jonas but you were Eva's first love. I could never do anything to hurt her." Minas eyes began to water and she knew she had too much to drink, she rubbed her forehead, "forget I said anything. I've gotta go." And with that she turned on her heel and walked back inside.