Chapter V

I know it has been forever. For that my sincere apologies.

I will just do a short summary of what happen, which is not much but to avoid confusion:

So, in the last chapter Paola had disappeared and everyone was freaking out, until she came back acting strange and with bite marks on the neck. Then Alastor appeared in her room and insinuated that she was kind of his property, or simply under his control.

This chapter will just go back to empire and explain what happened during that night and over the weekend in the next chapters.

Enjoy!

The club was already in the peak of its euphoria but no matter how much Paola tried to get into the vibe of the surroundings, her mind just was powerful enough to take her back to that painful moment she witnessed Thomas cheating. Happy moments together would follow and she could just not understand when did the things deteriorate that way. Paola observed Suzanna from afar, who had already found her way in the middle of some individuals that looked pale enough to be vampires.

She couldn't believe how far a heartbreak was taking her and for a little while started feeling filthy for letting herself serve such a role. She got her back off the counter by the bar and tried to make her way through the crowd until where Suzanna was standing in some very much odd activities with two guys.

She tried to act casual about that and watching the sides found a way to direct herself to Suzanna.

"Suzanna, I think we should go." Paola tried but the woman didn't even seem to acknowledge her presence there. "Suzy!" Paola insisted before losing her patience and taking her by the arm, she pushes Suzan aside.

"Hey, what are u doing?" Suzanna complains still giving little attention to her. "We have to go." Paola ordered.

"I'm not going anywhere." Suzan removed her arm from the tight grip of Paola; stumbling on her feet she casually goes back to what she was doing. Paola just shook her head with no tiniest desire of staying in that room for any second more.

Paola crossed her arms in a defensive manner and walked out of that place right away.

She knew that she would do in her room no better than cry her eyes out, but nothing seems to feel right lately. There's no place that she feels to belong in this world.

Without paying much attention she got in a cab that someone stopped and in the same manner her mind did not pay much attention to the way she was taking; she didn't even know how the taxi driver knew where she was going. Next thing Paola knows, she was in front of her dormitory and the figure that stood by the door was very much familiar.

She paid for the lap and with her eyes still on he figures by her door she leaves the car and goes until him.

"What in hell are you doing here?" The question came out softer that the actual storm inside her.

"Baby, you need to listen to me." Thomas tried to reason with no reason at all.

"You have a single minute to convince me that my eyes didn't see right." Paola gives a step closer to him, looking in his eyes. He did no better that rub his nape frustrated that that would be not possible to explain; she saw it, nobody told her.

"Let's not throw away years of something so beautiful for something so meaningless." Paola had no more space for disappointment it was like adding or subtracting any value from infinite, makes no difference. She shook her head chuckling before walking by him to into her room.

"Paola!" He calls but says nothing when she turns around to look at him.

"You are the one who threw away something so beautiful some minutes of excitement. Please..." She begs. "Please, just let me heal without having to see your face." She swallowed dry, almost hurting her throat. "We are done. This is the end and remember well that you brought us to this." She jogged inside the building with tear already forming a puddle in her eyes, closed the door behind herself and suddenly started to cry just like before. He had to come and poke on the open wound.

It wasn't long until she hearts a knock on the door.

Paola cleans her face with rage and walks over to the door ready to give the speech of a life time and send him to the devil, who shall carry him to hell; one way ticket.

"Thomas-"

Although, the minute she swings that door opened her heart finds a stronger reason to pound uncontrollably inside her chest; a mixed feeling of fear, surprise and anxiety hits her.

"Do I look like my name is Thomas!" The man by the door questions with his eyes narrow, he shows confusion in a poor act scene; he knew that she was not referring to him, rather the feller that bumped on his shoulder when he was coming in and wasn't slightly polite to apologise.

Now he was the reason for the trace of tears on her eyes; Alastor would enjoy making him apologise for these two grave faux pas.

"You!" Paola felt goose bumps; how did he find her? He just couldn't be serious about choosing her.

He just chooses the wrong one.

He can't choose the Huntress.