Chapter VIII

another chapter... again, not edited, but readable, I guess! ;)

Alastor felt Paola's arm snake around his arm tightly, as the crowd hemmed in closer and closer around them, they made their way across the room to the middle of the hall, where they should join the rest of the royal family, who had already opened...

Alastor felt Paola's arm snake around his arm tightly, as the crowd hemmed in closer and closer around them, they made their way across the room to the middle of the hall, where they should join the rest of the royal family, who had already opened the dance with a waltz; if they didn't freeze flabbergasted.
Just how close she came near him, it was an obvious scream for help; she's never seen so many vampires in one room together and being the only human there. That was intimidating no matter how fierce she shows to be. The hall kept hemming in at the same time a path was left clear as they walk through; she should have in mind that she was with him, she was under his protection. Yet Paola didn't know if she should still be frightened by Alastor or by the others; this might be her demise, never the less until now he was her only safe house.

"I'm afraid I underestimated my brother Alastor." Alcyona laughs on seeing the tension in the room. The room becomes totally still and the royals contemplating the scene in silence. "This night couldn't be getting more interesting." She adds.

"Who is she?" another woman asks, standing tall in her Slender silhouette, had long red curls descending down her shoulders.

"My brother dumped you for his meal." Alcyona muttered with intention to hurt the woman. And opens a smirk on seeing the expression of the woman darken.

Paola wasn't a bit drawn to the exuberance in the room or the enormity of the place, or even the sensation that she was visiting another era; a real time travel. She was just intrigued with the fact that every single vampire in that room had the eyes on her.

Alastor enjoyed the attention, the annoyance on everyone's face, the room was submerged in total awkwardness. Some wished to leave but they wouldn't make such a move on the Royal couple. Alastor didn't bother he wanted to prove his point and he was going to prove that there's no space for coexistence. They would forever be world's apart; one would be the Predator and the other would be the prey. the world was designed like that centuries ago a new world order emerged and they were the chosen ones. "why do I no longer see bravery in your eyes." He comments making Paola flinch and finally feel her feet on the ground, as she was lost for a long time in that endless thriller she was living.

"Who wouldn't be intimidated being in the middle of so many vampires craving for blood. they hate me and are not even trying to hide it."

"stop being so melancholic; you are with me." He winks. "Enjoy the attention."

"Exactly because I'm with you." She rolls her eyes.

"For as long as I don't want anything bad to happen to you, you will continue to breath." he chuckles on seeing how annoying she is getting "You love being in control so much you can't stand someone have your back."

"it is not about having my back and you don't care about me." He laughs knowing that that was true.

"yeah, you're right, I don't give a fuck." she lets Go of his arm and steps back, leaving the dance floor going straight up to the next door she pushes them open with both hands and gets out of the hall.