Chapter 6

A/N: Sometimes, I crack myself up... even looking over this weeks after writing it :)

---------------------------

Sang's Pov

He was now huddled up against the wall, fearful with his hands clenched at either side of him.

I couldn't help but to laugh to myself as I sat down on the floor in the doorway. He was studying my every move, which made me further regret last night.

"I didn't mean to scare you, really. You just make it so easy..." I explained with a soft smile.

He didn't blink.

"What's your name?" I asked, trying something easy that I knew the answer to, but the only response I was given was a tiny glare.

"Well, I guess I'll just be rude too, and not answer the nice woman who only asked me simple question..."

"You're not a nice person," he muttered lowly, but I was able to catch what was said.

"I saved you last night, didn't I?" I said smugly, though I knew I could have done a better job than I did. I could have also done it in a way that didn't end up with him visually scarred for life. Too late to take that back now, I guess.

"I was fine. I didn't ask you to jump in," He mumbled, frustrated as he moved his hands to cross his arms. Now that we were in broad daylight and his hair fell away from his face, I could examine him better. One thing in particular caught my eye, though.

I knee-walked over to him, careful to move slowly as to not spook him.

I grabbed his left cheek before rubbing my hand over the slightly risen mark on his face. It ran from left side of his nose and cut diagonally across part of his right cheekbone. It didn't look to be fresh, which reassured me in a way. As soon as my hand touch his skin, I felt the same spark I felt last night and I scolded myself for letting him affect me this much.

"Who did this to you?" I asked, gritting my teeth as I tried to say as level-headed as possible.

"It doesn't matter." He tried to push my hand away, but I stayed firm.

"It does matter. The sooner you tell me, the quicker the subject can be dropped." He didn't look like he'd ever answer, so I changed the subject myself with a sigh, knowing that being harsh wouldn't get me anywhere. "Why were you on the bus that late?"

He shrugged. "I had something to do."

"You were running away from something, weren't you?" I asked, pressing the issue. "Was it because of those friends of yours?"

He paled slightly, and his eyes widened as if I figured something out that I wasn't supposed to. "Of course not. Why would I run away?"

"Even now, you keep secrets from me," I muttered.

"Why wouldn't I keep secrets? You don't know me, and I don't know you."

'He's right... he has no reason to trust me right now. I need to show him that he can, or I'll lose my chance. Using the information and knowledge of him from my past life right now is only making things worse...'

I held out my hand.

He sat there, staring at the extended limb without a word.

I gave him a small, embarrassed smile. "I'm Sang Sorenson."

He didn't move.

"Normal people shake hands when they introduce themselves," I grinned.

"You already know who I am," he answered.