Chapter 25

Sang's Pov

After Jezebeth dropped that verbal bomb upon the Blackbourne team, I knew I had to clarify some things from the looks of almost betrayal I was getting from some of the boys. It was slightly reminiscent of my dream weeks ago, but I pushed those thoughts away for now.

I could already feel the accusatory glare burning into my back coming from North's direction.

"I knew it—"

Jezebeth held up a hand and North stopped, more out of shock than actually listening to her. "You knew nothing, North, so don't be cocky," she said with a cocked eyebrow, effectively coming to my rescue.

"What else am I supposed to assume? That even though you all act like you know each other and have been the best of friends for years, that you and Sang have not once worked together to try to take down the Academy?" He huffed out in one breath.

Jezebeth and I looked at one another.

"Yes," we said at the same time.

North just stared at us. "Unbelievable. You guy don't actually believe her, do you?" He looked in Gabriel and Luke's direction and he must not have gotten the response he wanted before he turned to look at Kota and Nathan. "Kota? Be logical. What are the odds that she's telling the truth?"

"Well..." Kota trailed off sheepishly.

North growled.

"She has you all wrapped around her finger and you don't even care!" He yelled, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"What crawled up his ass and died?" Jezebeth mock-whispered, which caused North to give her another harsh glare.

"North, we're telling the truth," I said, hoping to appease him. "Have we taught each other everything we've learned? Yes. Are we good friends? On most days. But our interests when it comes to the Academy have never quite lined up where we needed to work with the other. We call each other up every now and then to see what the other was up to, but other than that, I don't know what she does and she doesn't know what I do."

"The difference is this one..." she caught her arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to her side as she ruffled my already messy hair. "...has too much compassion for her own good. Even for a killer, she thinks too much about her actions. Also, she has too much of a 'fix-it' attitude. Fixing this house up. Fixing herself up. Fixing her relationships with you all. Fixing the Academy."

"She'd rather see the Academy burn with everyone in it than to see it in better management," I said, speaking up again.

"You and I at one time would have loved to see the whole world burn if it meant getting out of this hellhole," she chuckled, squeezing my arm.

"You know I could never really live like you do," I said softly.

"No, you'd never do it if it meant leaving your boys behind," she said with a knowing smile, and I noticed that she didn't specify which boys she meant. "Now, where's the other one? Unless you traded him out for some of the other man candy." Her eyes started to roaming over the boys and I had to slap her arm lightly to make her focus again.

"Dexter is probably taking a minute to sleep. It's been a little crazy trying to get the chips out of the Toma team safely and Dexter's been up a lot when I couldn't be to help whoever we had over after removing them."

"Have you taken any out of this team?" She asked, flipping her own switch and getting down to business.

"I did Nathan's over two months ago...Wow, I can't believe it's been that long," I said with a laugh.