"Isn't it illegal?"

Eva walked up the stairs and into her bedroom. She flopped on the bed. She wanted to text Ash but she didn't want to seem desperate. She wondered why he hadn't texted her yet. Maybe he hasn't texted me because he's not that into me... or he could be busy. After all, he is in a band. Or maybe-- her thoughts were interrupted by her father knocking on her door.

"Come in," she said. Her father walked in. His blonde locks were cut shorter.

"Hey, Eve's, you doing okay?" he asked her, lingering in the doorway.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she answered, she hesitated to say anything else, "um, dad? Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," he said. He started laughing at his crappy dad-joke. "What is it sweetie?" he asked.

"Well, you and mom are eleven years apart... Right?" she said.

"Yes, we are. Is that all, Evangeline?" he asked her.

"Was it hard, y'know, being that much older than her?" Eva asked, sitting up on her bed. Her father sat on the bed with her.

"Well, when we met she was about seventeen and I was twenty-eight. She obviously thought I was a creep, but when we met at the country club both of our parents went to, I do think it was love at first sight. I had to keep my distance for awhile, since Katherine-- your mother-- was definitely Miss Moneybags, I was intimidated. Plus her father told me to stay away, he knew I had a crush on her and he didn't want us talking because of my age, to be honest, I had to admire her from afar for two years." he said. Eva twirled some of her blonde hair in between her fingers.

"But how did you start dating? Was it hard? What did her dad say? How did you make it work? Isn't it illegal?" Eva asked.

Her father said, "We started dating when I finally told her that I liked her, she already knew though, I made it pretty obvious..." his cheeks flushed a little, just a little, "It was hard, yes. People would give us odd stares in public, actually, all we could do was hold hands in public since it was illegal. They would've considered it as rape if people found out we--" his voice stopped. He looked down and his hands and chuckled.

"Dad?" she asked. His laughs just grew.

"Oh my god, dad! You guys were..." she said, giggling. He nodded.

"Yes, my dear, we did the frick frack." He said. They both laughed.

"Ew dad!" she squealed.

"Anywayyyyyyyyyyy," he said, trying to change the subject, "I'm going to my man cave, if you have any more questions... Ask your mother." He got up to leave. He closed the door behind him. Eva let out a long sigh. She felt her phone vibrate. She got a text that read:

hey it's Ashley. Text me when you can (: we should see each other today.

Eva squealed and texted back;

Oh hai :) I wanna see you today!

She screamed in her pillow.

---------------------->