Chapter 1: Run

Lizbeth Constance frantically shoved items into her suitcase. Clothes, food, essentials... No time to double check for anything.
Something was wrong with her brother.
It had started out small. How he had repeatedly forgotten to pick her up from high school. How he had been more outgoing. The fact that his blond hair had lost its shine...
Lizbeth ran a hand through her own long, black, straight hair, trying to forget what she had seen.
Her brothers eyes had turned black. 
She had seen it herself. She knew she wasn't going crazy, and that it wasn't a trick of the light.
It had been terrifying.
Daniel Constance had always been a little broken. But then again, Lizbeth was too. Daniel had been 14 when their parents had died in a car accident. Lizbeth had been 8. And now Daniel -Danny as Lizbeth affectionately called him- was 22, and Lizbeth was 16, both of them barely surviving on two minimum wage jobs.
Her grey eyes swept across the room, and landed on an old tattered watch. It had been a gift to Daniel from their father, and a gift to Beth from Danny.  She slapped it on her wrist and swung open the door. She screamed at what she saw.
Daniel was there. With eyes that were a glistening coal black.
And then her whole world went dark.

Note: Hey guys, Angel here! So, I just wanna say: Thank you so much for reading the first chapter. Now, the chapters will be short, but there will be a lot of them, so don't worry.
Alright, see you later! Stay safe!