Chapter 11: Near Death Experience

"Oh god."
"Oh my god!"
Lizbeth couldn't stop the tears from falling. The car crash... Sam had just gotten a few minor injuries. Lizbeth had broken her leg and cracked a rib or two. But Dean... "He- He's dying?!"
"No, we've stabilized him for now. But he's still in critical condition. His injuries are... Severe. He's comatose at the moment." A nurse said, gently patting Beth on the back. Lizbeth attempted to get up. To run to her brother and try to save him, somehow. Yet her leg stopped her, and panic took hold of her senses. She couldn't loose another brother! It had been a few years, and yet she still had the mental and physical scars.
She couldn't loose Dean.
A few hours later...
Dean woke up.
He actually woke up.
No, this was not some dream. Some comatose fantasy of his. He knew that. He felt... Alive. He could barely remember anything from after the car crash... But he was alive.
Before he could get his bearings, and even before the doctors and nurses swarmed over him, his siblings were there.
Sam was standing beside him, looking overjoyed and wide-eyed. Lizbeth's arms were wrapped around his neck, and he hadn't seen her that grief-stricken since her last day with Daniel.
Well, he wasn't going to leave them yet. They needed him. And he was alive, with the two siblings he loved.

And John Winchester was found dead in Dean's hospital room the next morning.

****
I think this was Season 2, Episode 1. Go and watch it, if you like. It's a good one!