Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Russell's POV

We left soon, after we settled on Dunch because it's more lunch than dinner at two o'clock. I quickly slip my fingers in between Jon's and I see him smile. 'You're the best boyfriend ever' he says to me and I copy his cheesy grin.

'That cannot be true' I say 'because my boyfriend is so much better'. He laughs and after a while we decide its best just to disagree on the issue; of course I know I'm correct.

'Russell, Jon' I turn as we hear shouts from across the road. Did I mention that Jon hadn't come out yet? Well properly. I feel his hand tugging to be freed but I hold tighter. 'Now or never Jon' I say 'in at the deep end'. He nods and takes a deep breath.

'Russell, Jon' repeats the man who is now standing in front of us while his camera man runs along behind him. The corner of my eye scans Jon's face and I can see him burning up. The camera man start to take pictures 'would you mind a quick interview?' they ask and I nod. 'Tell us Jon why is it you've been denying the rumours of your sexuality?'

'Personally I feel that this is an issue for me and my family or friends not a public matter' he answered smartly and I pressed on his hand to show my support. 'Do you're family and friends know?'

'My family are aware as are my colleagues' he says.

'so I know you two used to work together has this been a thing since then?'

'no' I say 'we've been dating for six months'

'Congratulations' he adds 'and what are your plans for the future?'

'right now we're both really busy with tours and stuff but ideally some time alone somewhere would be nice' I say smiling as the camera man now lets his camera fall to its position around his neck. 'You're both happy for this to be published in next week's issue?' he asks showing us his sun newspaper id. I'm quick to nod and after a quick squeeze of the hand Jon does too. 'Thank you' he says turning away. 'Oh wait' he says. I turn back 'my sister would kill me if I never asked for your autograph'. I laugh and sign a piece of paper.

Arriving at the restaurant Jon had booked I was quiet impressed. It had high ceilings and old artwork around the walls. 'Wow nice set up' I said. He shook his head and I could feel his eyes rolling. 'I mean what lovely décor' I say putting on a ridiculously posh accent. 'Richardson' he says to the man who smiles and escorts us along to the back room. I have never been in here before but I gasp as I see a single table set up with a simple candle placed decoratively onto the white table cloth. The room's walls are decorated with a kind of green finish and some more candles. 'Thank you' says Jon to the man and I see him slip a note into his hand. 'Well Jon you sure know how to treat a guy' I say sitting down. 'Only the best' he replies. We ate our food with our fingers again linked across the table. I'll be honest I didn't know what half of it was but It was good anyway. 'Desert sirs' asks the waiter as he comes to clear our plates. I see Jon give the man a little wink which he returns and nods. 'Very well' he says heading out. I wait until I see the door close and then I get up from the table. I stand next to Jon and he looks up at me. 'Russell?' he asks but I don't answer him instead I simply lean forward and kiss him. I part my lips and he copies. My tongue snakes it way into Jon's mouth and I move it sensually. Jon does the same before he quickly pulls away. I give him a peck and smile 'sorry but that waistcoat has being making me want to bang you on the table' I said seriously. 'Ummm... thank you?' he said. 'Actually Russell I was just thinking... if maybe you wanted to... you know stay over tonight?' I kiss him again and turn my head so I am even closer to him. He stands up and I push him against the wall, kicking his chair from under him. My hands rush down to his bum which I grab and hold on to kissing him firmly... 'Excuse me but this is not that kind of place' says the waiter who I now realize is standing at the door with the biggest banana float I'd ever seen. 'Sorry?' I offered pulling away and re-taking my seat. Jon looked mortified and I felt slightly guilty. 'Really really sorry' he said 'it was a 'in the moment' kind of thing'. He sat down too.