44

Yes I'm here at Japan, specifically in Osaka. Nagpapakalayo sa realidad. Sariwa pa rin ang sakit, tumutusok pa rin ang rebelasyon na ikakasal na ang girlfriend ko sa iba. Dumagdag pa yung sinabi ng daddy ni bea sakin, oo kinausap niya ako.

2 days after that scene in the restaurant...

3:14 pm

Unknown Number

Hija, meet me at the *** restaurant. I want to talk to you. This is Bea's dad.

Kinabahan ako dahil hindi ko alam bakit niya ako gustong makausap. Sigurado naman akong wala siyang alam samin ni bea eh, unless bea told her.

"Hija! Come here!" He waved his hand and gestured me to come into the table he picked. Nasa dulo ito, walang masyadong tao.

"Hello po S-sir, What are we gonna talk about po?"

"Hello Jhoana, take a sit. Let's eat first? Shall we?"

Binilisan ko na ang pagkain ko para naman mai-ready ko yung sarili ko sa pag-uusapan namin...

"Jhoana, kamusta kayo ni bea?"

"A-ah we're fine po. She's a great bestfriend po."

"Bestfriend ba talaga, jhoana?" Anong alam niya?!?!

"A-ah y-yes sir of course." Hindi ko alam pero nauutal ako..

"Jhoana, don't act like that. I knew it."

Silence filled the restaurant...

"Sorry po kung itinago namin sainyo."

"Break up with my daughter. Nakatakda na siyang ikasal sa iba."

Break up with my daughter...

"S-sir pardon me?" Hindi pwede! Mahal ko si bea!

"I said break up with my daughter!" Medyo malakas na pagkakasabi niya....

"But sir I love your daughter, I won't break up with her!"

"And you think that love is enough? Hija face it, you are up to no good, the both of you cannot raise a family, If ever she chooses you I will cut her credit cards, remove her position in our company and I will not acknowledge her as my daughter anymore!" I'm speechless, tears started to fall on my cheeks...

"But s-sir, give me a chance, I will prove to you that I deserve her!" but he just shook his head...

"Break up with her or I will forget that she's my daughter."

I'm sorry bea, I know you love your family, and I don't want to see you hurt if your family forgets you... I couldn't afford to lose you but family first. Someday, bea, someday.

"I don't want to destroy bea's future and family. I'm breaking up with her, S-sir."

"Good choice! Thank you hija." and he smiled at me.

I faked a smile. "Anything for the one that I love..." I took a deep breath and asked "Sir, can I at least see her from afar? I mean, I can still see her right? You aren't going to ban me from seeing her."

"Alright hija, I won't do that to you, it's already enough for me that you will break up with her." I beamed upon hearing those "But, for now, please stay away... Get back if both of you have already moved on. I'll let you see her again if she's married to Jia. Is it okay with you?"

He left me with no choice... "Okay sir, it's fine with me." he stood up and said "I have to go Jhoana, thank you."

I hugged him. I don't care if he doesn't hug me back.. "Please give this hug to bea, please sir. And, take care of her. I hope someday when I see her, she's one of the top business woman in the world. I'm looking forward to that." and tears started to fall again.

I'm surprised that he hugged me back. "Thank you jhoana, I hope someday too when I see you, you're a successful person na ha? And Jhoana, I'm not mad that bea and you had an relationship, I'm thankful because I didn't see her smile like that before." He's thankful... and he's not mad...

"No problem sir, I can't promise you that I'll stop loving her. I think setting her free is enough."

"Hahaha hija, that's okay. I should go, please don't tell bea about this okay? Thank you again, bye."

I don't feel any regrets in setting her free because I know it's for bea's own good. It's okay with me, his dad isn't mad about our relationship though.

"Hoy Maraguinot! May nag e-mail sayo oh!" nagulat ako dahil binato ako ng unan ng kasama ko dito sa hotel room ko.

"Aray ko wong ha! Sino naman?" tanong ko habang hinihimas yung ulo ko.

"Bea de leon nakalagay ate! Sino ba to ha? Bwisit nag-lag bigla! Natalo tuloy ako sa nilalaro ko bwisit!" Teka sino daw? si Bea?

Dali dali akong pumunta sa pwesto niya. "May laptop ka naman kasi bakit dito ka pa naglalaro sa macbook ko! Akin na nga yan!" pero ayaw niya ibigay sakin "Deanna Wong!!!!!"

"Eh bulok yung laptop ko ate hehehe! Mamaya mo na basahin tong e-mail!" binato ko nga ng unan, head shot!

"Akin na yan! Importante yang e-mail na yan! Pag ako natanggal sa pagiging varsity hindi kita ipapa-recruit kay coach!" Agad naman niyang binigay ang laptop ko sakin at kiniss pa ako.

"Joke lang ate! Oh ayan na laptop mo, basahin mo na! Dun muna ako sa kitchen ha? Luto lang ako ng dinner natin!" sinarado ko ang pinto ng kwarto ko at ni-lock ito para di ako maistorbo...

From: Bea de leon
Subject: Please read it hon!!!

Hi hon! I love you very very much! I cannot afford to lose you so please don't let me go, stay with me please. Hold on. Diba ako lang forever? Ikaw lang forever ko. Tayo lang forever! Why are you breaking up with me? Tell me what's the problem? Anong kasalanan ko?

If it's because the wedding of Jia and I, Ipapatigil ko yun. We don't love each other hon, we agreed to cancel it dahil may mahal kaming iba. Please hon, bumalik ka na sakin... I promise na ice-celebrate nanatin yung monthsary natin together, hindi na ako mawawala sa tabi mo. Just please go back honey.

STAY IN MY LIFE. I WANT YOU TO BE THE ONE WHO WILL STAYS WITH ME UNTIL MY LAST BREATH. I LOVE YOU MOST JHOANA.

I will win you back jho, wait for me. Can you do me a favor? Just this one.

Meet me at the Osaka Castle tomorrow, 2:15 in the afternoon. I'll be in the waiting area. I'll wait for you honey, I know you'll come.

Yes, I'm here at Japan. Don't ask me how do I know that you're here, my heart followed you. I love you, always. I'll wait.

With love always, Bea.

--

I don't know what to do. My heart beats rapidly. I don't know what I'm feeling, I'm excited to see her and scared at the same time because looking back, I have made my decision already, that I broke up with her for the sake of her future and family. I know she'll ask me why and me being me I couldn't hide anything from her. I might blabber her the truth if my emotions will eat me.

Should I come?