tony padilla

TONY HAD TAKEN YOU and Clay out for a drive since you and Clay shared a tape

TONY HAD TAKEN YOU and Clay out for a drive since you and Clay shared a tape. He knew you guys weren't ready for it, and didn't want you guys to be alone through this. You could never deny you were hurt by Hannah Baker. You were her best friend and couldn't imagine why you were ever on those tapes as one of the reasons why she killed herself. You couldn't bare to listen to the tape by yourself, so you're thankful Clay was on the tape too.

Tony walked out of the car as you and Clay listened to the tape.

She talked about how you saw Clay walk out of the room and saw her, so you went to check on her and asked her what was wrong. She told you to get out.

"Hannah? Hannah, what's wrong?" You ran over to her, worried as she was crying.

"Nothing, please leave." As you tried your best to stay and see what's wrong, she still told you to get out as she wanted nobody there to help her, but deep down inside, she wanted both of you there for her, deeply.

By the time it was finished, you finally came to conclusion you were never ready for something like this to build up on you. Tony was right, we did kill Hannah Baker.

You were the first to get out of the red mustang, tears spilling from your eyes as you started yelling at Tony, your best friend.

This soon led to walking up to the edge of the cliff, threatening to jump. Your thoughts consumed you and as you contemplated on doing so, Clay grabbed your hand.

"Y/N, I really think you should get back from that edge."

"Why? Why shouldn't I just do it, just let go?" Your voice cracked as those words left your mouth, and Clay squeezed your hand as he sobbed beside you.

"So you can die? So you can reunite with Hannah again?"

"Oh fuck you, Tony," Clay said backing you up.

"You guys think you could've changed anything. What does that make you? Huh? God?"

"I should've stayed with Hannah," Clay cried. I nodded beside him.

"She told you guys to go."

"I should've told her– I should've said.."

"What? You think you could've said something that could've changed any of this?"

"I could've said.. I'm not going"

You watched as Tony and Clay argued back and forth. You still stood there crying. Clay walked away from the edge of the cliff, letting go of your hand, Tony slightly pulling you back from the cliff, and you sobbed harder.

"I couldn't," you cried, not being able to get the words out.

"I couldn't tell her. I couldn't hold her," Clay cried.

"We killed Hannah Baker, like you said," I managed to get out, finishing Clay's words.

"I said we all killed Hannah," Tony persuaded.

"How are we supposed to live with that?" I wanted to curl up against a tree and just let the rest of it out. I just wanted my best friend back. I never knew she was going through so much pain, it hurts me to just think about it and how I could've done something. How? How am I supposed to live with this?

"Any way you guys can."

Tony pulled me and Clay both in for a hug. We both need some kind of friendly comfort, much like Hannah wanted and what we could've given. I'll never be able to live the same way. The only way I can get through it is was Tony Padilla and Clay Jensen.

Sorry this is bad:/ and sorry for mistakes. I actually almost cried writing this tbh. I cry every time I watch this scene and it breaks my heart.

Also, to add to this, the reasoning behind these being so long is because I wouldn't want some cliffhanger and it not get posted (please ignore how I'm also talking about myself with my Matthew book) so they're longer to fill them in. So sorry for any misunderstandings with these because i know gif imagines are typically short. soooo yeah