Chapter 14 "Twilight Zone"

It had been a day since her return home, Caira caught up with her brother Corbin who vowed to stick by her. However, unbeknownst to them and their mentor Azula, Zuko, the brother of Azula, planned to track them down. In the meantime, the others, Caira's former group planned to find ways to contact her.

Logan's Point of View.

"Sure man, I can make a few adjustments and track down the kid."

"Thanks Stark, appreciate it."

"Hey that girl taught my daughter a thing or two on how to make a good batch of pancakes." Stark said, an obviously chuckle coming. "And well, you know her more than I do. If I were in your shoes, I'd want her to come back too."

"She's my bub. My family." I said, patting my chest at every word. With a sigh, I leaned against the wall, the telephone still at my ear. "I just want to know if she's okay."

"I'm sure she's fine but either way I'll still help out." I heard his ass bite into something, yeesh, having the munchies while on the phone? "Anyway, gotta update the suit."

"Bye Stark." With that, I hung up the phone. Hearing him put his teeth into food already annoyed the shit out of me. I rubbed my hand down my scuffed up face.

"You alright Logan?" I heard, glancing to find that bastard John heading towards me.

"Don't act like you care." I grunted, beginning to walk off when I heard him following.

"Look Logan, you're right, the others and I were assholes to Caira and we're sorry we didn't realize that sooner." He tried. "We were just so mad at the fact that-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

I screamed whipping around at him, a flinch as he put his hands in front of his face in defense. Through growling I let out breaths and steam of anger. These fuckers just won't quit their little sorry excuses. That shit is what got under my skin the most. When will this end? I just stormed off into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee.

This was going to be a long day.

Alex's Point of View.

I saw how pissed off Logan got at John. Now, I was kind of just as mad as he was but, then again, I can't be angry at them all. They were there for me when I was in a coma. Especially Lukas, he...I couldn't tell how I felt about him. He was just...What the hell was this feeling? Do I like him? I think I do...

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone spoke. "Hey, Alex?" I glanced back and who did I find? The usual cute blonde boy standing there.

"Oh, hey Lukas, I didn't see you there."

"Ah well uh, I saw you standing here so I thought I'd say hi."

I rubbed my arm, feeling a tiny beet red blush on my pale face. "Oh, well, hi." I said.

"So..." He trailed off, his hands waving around in a way. "I...I...I was thinking...M-Maybe...W-We can go out sometime?...Once all of this calms down..."

I blushed, I caught his blue eyes staring into my emerald green ones. Was he seriously asking me out? Oh my gosh, my heart is suddenly racing, I felt this smile on my face as without a shadow of a doubt, I nodded. "Yea! Sure!"

I heard him mutter a little 'Yes!' as he smiled, he looked as if he was relieved. "Cool! H-How about a movie? You can pick."

"Sounds great!" I told him.

"Great!" He said. "So uh...I guess I'll see you around!"

"Yea! For sure!" I awkwardly said as he scratched the back of his hair and walked off. I couldn't help the smile that came to my face. This was just so exciting! It was like a dream! Please! Someone just pinch me!