Chapter 43 "Losing Game"

For once, everything felt as if it were normal. Only, Alex's kids were now staying with Caira after a fight with Clayre's girlfriend, Allie. Sadly, they were unsure of how they would talk to their mother. Luckily, Caira and her family were there to cheer them all up. For once, Alex felt fine.

Or was everything going to be fine?

Corbin's Point of View.

"Daddy! Look what Joshua and I found!" I had been sharpening my blade when I heard my young daughter's voice. I look up and there they were, my son and daughter running at me.

I chuckled. "And what did my little Joshua and Nora find?"

"This!" Joshua held up what seemed to be my old hoodie from when I was young and formed with an allegiance. "Papa, what does this symbol mean?"

I took my hoodie from him, staring at the insignia on the midsection. I smiled. "Ah, I remember this. It's my..." I cut myself off when my kids stared at me, curious glows in their eyes. "Warrior outfit. Kids, I was a warrior back before I met your mother." I didn't want my children to get the wrong idea if I told them I was an Assassin. Sheva and I agreed to tell them about it soon. Once their saiyan abilities kicked in.

"You mean you fought bad guys?!" Nora asked, that innocent excited smile on her face. I gave her a nod. "Cool!" She whipped around and put her hands to her mouth. "Hey guys! My daddy was a warrior!"

"What?!" Two kids came over, the son and daughter of the one and only Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine. "Really?!"

"Yea Ciera! Jace! Just like your dad!" Nora giggled.

"Well, our dad's a cop but, okay." Jace smiled. I could only smile as I watched them a few others gather around. Then came Claire and Leon's kids, their daughter Kyrie and son, Richard.

A pair of arms tied around me, I knew it was my lovely wife. "Afternoon, Milady Sheva."

"Evening, darling." I felt her lips plant themselves on my cheek, I chuckled, holding her fragile hand. Watching as the children played and talked about stories, I couldn't help but smile at the feeling of luck. I glanced over to find Caira and her family as well. I closed my eyes as I leaned back on the chair, listening to the sounds of peace.

The sound of something speeding by came into the air. "Hey look it! It works!" A young girl's voice sounded, I laughed a bit upon seeing her on a hoverboard of a sort.

"Annette! Be careful!" I glanced to find Sherry and her husband, Jake Muller coming over. "Sorry, she's been crafty lately!"

Jake grinned and clapped his hands. "She's going to be one hell of a scientist."

I chuckled. "Let's just hope she and her brother don't have to go through the usual lab explosions." All of us laughed a bit, the children played, running after each other.

An hour came, I was only sitting and talking with Caira when I heard Sherry panicking, Jake was comforting her. We looked over and rose brows. "What the?" Caira said.

I got up rushing over. "Sherry! What's wrong?"

"C-Corbin!" She sobbed, hysterical.

"What's wrong?!"

"M-My baby!" Sherry cried, covering her eyes to cover the running tears.

Her husband appeared, his arms holding Sherry in a manner of comfort. "Someone took Annette! She's gone!" Jake exclaimed, a worried tone in his voice. "W-We don't know what happened! She was in the living area a second ago!"

"Hang in there! I'm calling the others!" I said, immediately alerting the group while calling out. "Sheva! Something's happened!"

"What is it?" She rushed over, concerned.