Chapter 2

Shadow's P.O.V.

I had a feeling that Eggman is up to no good like every other time. However, this feeling is giving me a sense of anxiety. I never really felt anxious about anything before since the ARK and Maria's passing. Recently, I have started understanding and gaining more emotions and feelings over the years after spending some time with Sonic and his friends, but this feeling that I'm feeling right now feels very overwhelming to the point where I start to express them physically.

I'm currently waiting for Sonic and the rest of his team to meet up at a park, we all planned on spying and invading Eggman's base, if it ever comes to that.

'Faker' was the first to come, then Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. They also know that Eggman is acting strange lately and he wasn't attacking us as much as usual, but I can't shake the feeling that something is missing inside of me. I've been having strange dreams lately as well and I don't know why, but what I saw was terrible.

There was a lab very similar to the ARK'S, but darker. In the corner of the lab, I saw an (f/c)[fur color] mobian, locked up in a cell with tangled fur and hair. It seemed to be a female guessing by her figure and all.

She looked as if she was in so much pain. I looked at her closely and she has deep wounds and cuts all over her body. I was tearing up at the look of her figure, I want to save her from these awful conditions that she was in right now. But all I know is that all of this was just a dream, right? Then again, all the things she is experiencing feel too real to even be considered a dream. Maybe it's a vision that only I can see since my chaos energy is equal to the chaos emeralds themselves. I have a theory that maybe she is similar to me, having an overwhelming amount of chaos energy coursing through their veins like me. And maybe someone that I can really relate to.

Sonic's P.O.V.

My friends and I have recently noticed that Shadow has been acting strange lately. While we were all thinking up a plan to invade Eggman's base and have some fun at the park, I saw that Shadow was in deep thought and has a look of concern present on his face. That's strange for all of us mainly because he usually never really shows many emotions other than being uninterest, anger, and maybe some cockiness, but any other emotions that are not those are very rare and sometimes concerning. I've also noticed that he's been slightly shaking more and on alert recently like he's worried about something that's important to him.