Chapter 4

Shadow's P.O.V.

After reassuring everyone that I'm alright and went back to the task at hand. But Sonic is still persistent about my well being and how I really feel.  

Sonic: *concerned* Shad's are you sure your alright....

Shadow: *sighs* Yeah I'm fine....don't worry about me....

The pain had fully stopped but I can't shake this energy coming from the base. I'm starting to wonder what was Eggman doing in that base of his. The energy keeps pulsing the closer I am towards it. It feels reassuring and warm similar to being hugged by someone you truly care about, but I'm not quite sure since its been a long time ever since I had any physical affection with anyone other than Maria. I'm still not used to having any affection from Sonic and his friends but I'm still trying to get used to being around with them.

The team went off attacking robots that were guarding the entrance way of the base. All of them handling pretty well on their own and sometime assisting one another when a robot tries to sneak up on them from behind. I would send out chaos spears to robots who appear to be closing in and kick back some who were attempting to sneak up on Sonic's friends.

The team and I defeated the robots and quickly ran in the base to find out what Eggman was working on that made him act strangely and what he's been up to. When I entered into the base, this energy starts to get stronger and stronger as I walked through the halls, so I followed where it may take me. I've walked along the walls of the halls, sneaked every corner, and destroyed any robots that may have roamed. 

After getting closer to the energy, I've encountered a lot more robots in these halls. I defeated most of them with a chaos blast and then decided to chaos control past the mess I've created. I get closer to the energy that is behind a closed door and started to feel overwhelmed. I'm not sure what or who may be behind that door but I feel that should get close to it and invite it to my embrace.

It somewhat feels as if Maria is close by, but I know she's gone and I have learned to accept it and open up to others. I feel calm around this energy the closer I get to it and then another feeling arises like the need to protect it from anything that may cause harm to it.

After making sure that any robots that enter this hall are out of commission, I prepare myself for what may be behind this door. I destroyed the passcode panel that's to the right side of the door, allowing me to enter into a dim lighted room. I looked around and then I see a cell and what's inside made me wish that I prepared more when to energy became it strongest.

In the cell, there was a (f/c) [fur color] female (a/t) [animal type] laying unconscious on the floor in the cell. Seeing her in this condition filled me with rage, anger, and turmoil. I couldn't stand the sight of her in this condition, but I don't even know her. Then again I want to know and protect them with all my being.

I bend the cell bars to get to the female (a/t) and carried her in my arms. Her fur was singed, hair tangled in knots, and I took a closer look into her fur. There seem to be thin pieces of wire sticking out in areas where her fur thinned out exposing skin. She also seemed to be malnourished based on her bodily condition. My hatred towards Eggman grew more and more, but I have to focus on getting her out of this hell hole that she's been in for how knows how long. 

I chaos controlled us out of the base with the use of a chaos emerald but not to far so I can contact Sonic and his friends through my communicator that I have found something and meet up at Tails' workshop.