Chapter 3

Shadow's P.O.V.

~time skip to Eggman's base~

'Faker's' team and I were in front of Eggman's base and we were about to sneak in when this unknown pain started to shoot through my body similar to being struck by lightning. I dropped down to the ground and tried to settle down the pain without giving away our position.

I sighed after the pain subsided, and then Sonic and his friends asked if I was okay and if everything was alright. I reassured them that I was fine and they shouldn't worry about it. They all seem to have shaken it off but Sonic looked concerned and I know he'll be asking me some questions later after breaking into Eggman's base. 

I had become friends with Sonic and his friends not to long after understanding my feelings and emotions, and then started expressing them little by little but still kept my cold demeanor. Sonic and I are still rivals but would occasionally open up to him to ask some questions along with his friends.

For now, I need to concentrate and focus on the task that is at hand. But I also wonder why is this unknown feeling inside me is getting stronger and that shock from before felt painful.

Sonic's P.O.V.

I was right next to Shadow when suddenly he dropped down and curled up in pain. My friends and I start to get worried about him since this is something new. His pain seem to have subsided and then I asked him if he was okay after taking a breather. He reassured that he was fine but I know something is going on and it might be related to him acting strangely.

I've noticed that he's been expressing more feelings and would occasionally ask me or my friends about the different emotions he's experiencing. It's strange seeing him this way and he's much more calmer than he usually was, but I don't know if I should be concerned or happy that's he finally changing. I probably ask him later and hopeful he doesn't ignore me like all the other times in the past.

Y/n P.O.V.

Eggman started experimenting on me by sending vaults of electricity to the capsule that I'm kept in to see if I could handle the pain after the many other experiments. He attached thin pieces of wire into my skin, so that I won't be to rip them out without causing any sever injuries to myself and to internally feel the shock.

I sensed more people that were close by the base. One of them gave off more chaos energy than the others, but there's something different about that one mobian but I don't know what or why. They have a similar energy signal to my own but more dominant. I couldn't on the energy much long after Eggman sent out another a much powerful shock into the capsule. I screamed out in pain, this is much more painful than the other previous experiments he had done. 

I started to lose consciousness after that shock but I kept in mind of the energy signals that are present outside the base in hopes that I'll be free from this hell hole, and be able feeling the sun once again after many years. I feel this unknowing feeling getting stronger as the other energy signals get closer, one of them having more chaos energy then the others. 

A/N: Sorry it's been soooo long. I've been busy with my personal life and trying to get back into the fandom again. I started rereading the chapters and had changed some things up a bit. But also be out on a look out for a new story that I'm making but didn't have the confidence to publish it. I hope that y'all enjoy the chapter and hopeful I make more. :)