i.Under the Moonlight

चाँदनी रात में[ Under the Moonlight ]

चाँदनी रात में
[ Under the Moonlight ]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

[ Hong Kong ]

" Who are you?"

Stephen squinted through the dark, and he boldly took a step forward, trying to discover the face of the silhouette hidden under the shadows.

" You are Stephen Strange ?"

" Who's asking ?"

Stephen cautiously approached the figure, and when he got close enough - he could spot the outline of their face. It was a woman, and she remained still under his gaze.

Stephen didn't let his guard down, looking at her skeptically," Step into the light."

She did as she was told, and the moonlight revealed her whiskey colored eyes. Her head was held high as she folded her arms behind her back, a soft yet coy smile plastered against the outline of her rosy lips.

" You are the sorcerer supreme, correct ?"

Stephen didn't answer, and he gripped his sling ring tighter - conjuring a shield. She didn't flinch, and she only watched the green energy in curiosity.

" I am no threat," she stepped closer, and Stephen stood his ground.

" Prove it."

She pulled out the pendant hanging loosely around her neck, and she extended it outwards - showing him the symbol of the Sanctum Sanctorum.

" You could've stolen that."

She chuckled, and her laugh vibrated through the dilapidated walls surrounding them," You are stubborn."

" So I've been told."

" I was a guardian of the Hong Kong Sanctum, but that was years ago. I returned to only find it empty. I heard that it was Dormammu's doing."

The distant blaring of sirens and honks filtered through the air, and the night city of Hong Kong was bustling behind them.

Stephen gave her one last look,before putting his hands down," What do you want ?"

" I want to help you."

" I don't need your help," he scoffed.

" Maybe not now, but eventually you will. I am offering to teach you a different kind of magic that they have taught you in Kamar-Taj."

" Thank you for the offer, but I'll pass," he turned to his heels," I've had a rough week, and I think I've had enough on my plate for now."

" The ancient one sent me."

Stephen stopped in his tracks," He's dead."

" That he is. But before his death, he told me to teach you my magic," she stepped closer to him, the heels of her shoes clicking against the concrete tiles," A type of magic that would spare you from a fate like his."

" What sort of magic are you talking about ?"

Stephen turned around, and she held out her hand," A magic that is considered to be as old as the stars itself."

He hesitantly looked at her, " This will help me, against Dormamu ?"

" Not only that, but it will help you against the unseen forces of this universe."

He eyed her skeptically," This isn't dark magic, is it ?"

" If you are referring to magic from the dark dimension, then you are wrong. This magic fell from the stars hundreds of years ago, bestowed to us by divine hands."

In one swift movement she conjured up a similar shield, but instead of baring right angled shapes - it was a circle, and runes were etched on the sides. It glowed blue instead of red, its energy softly ebbing around them.

" From gods ?"

" Angels. Surely if there are demons in this world - such as Dormammu, there must be angels."

Stephen watched as the shield dissever, and he thoughtfully crossed his arms," Can I trust you?"

" If you cannot take my word for it, then take The Ancient One's. The world might be safe, but it is temporary. With the sanctum divided, we may not be able to protect our world from unseen threats."

" You were a man forced to to choose whether to return to your life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as one of the most powerful sorcerer in existence. I think you've made up your mind by now," she gestured at the eye of Agamoto.

Stephen chuckled," Well, I suppose you're right."

She gave him a smile, before walking next to him. She fished out a small object from her pocket, and around a necktie dangled a key. It was silver, and similar runes were etched around it.

She walked towards the door across them, and she inserted it against the keyhole. It clicked into place, and she turned it around.

" Are you coming, Stephen ?"

He followed, and when she pushed down the doorknob, the door creaked open to reveal a hallway.

The hallway was bright, in contrast to the room they were in.It was supported by pillars - which stood high and grand. From the patterns against the walls, and the radiating warmth of the sun, he guessed that it was somewhere in the Middle East.

" You didn't tell me your name."

" Lisa Patel," she held the door open wider," Will that suffice ? Or you would like to see my credentials ?"

" Very funny," he rolled his eyes, hiding his amusement. He stepped through the portal, taking the key before closing the door behind him.