ii.The Birth of Magic

जादू का जन्म[ The birth of magic ]

जादू का जन्म
[ The birth of magic ]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

[ Istanbul ]

" Shaeudha from the stars was created when demons started to cause turmoil against the earth. These demons spread  lies, twisting and bending the truth to create an illusion to men.This illusion clouded their judgement, and it brought out the worst in them."

Her fingers delicately wrapped around the kettle, and she tilted it - pouring the hot tea into a cup.

The fan above them creaked and groaned as it languidly spun, only adding to Stephen's irritation towards the heat of the noon - and from the half lidded curtains he could see the azure sun mocking him as it hung high.

She brought her own cup to her lips, taking a sip of the tea. The brew's aromatic scent clouded the room, and he find himself leaning further onto the cushion of his seat.

" The divine sent an angel with a task ; to spread word about magic to mankind, to teach them runes, spells , mantras brought from the stars - to protect themselves against the fire of the underworld."

She outstretched her hands, and her fingers danced to create a luminous ball of flame. It sparked blue," To learn this form of magic is not easy, it took me years to master it. Yet I believe that it would take you less than that."

" Really ?" He smirked.

" Yes, because we are in the brink of war with the creatures that dwell in the dark dimension - so I suppose that desperate times calls for desperate measures."

She closed her hand into a fist, and the fire died, leaving a trail of smoke and ash.

" Right," his smirk fell, and he cleared his throat," But are you sure you've got the right man for the job ?"

" Do I ? " She stood," Only you can answer that."

━━━━━━━━━━━

[ SHIELD Headquarters]

" You've got to be shitting me."

" Language, Agent Ross."

" Shove that up your arse, I don't have bloody time for this," Grumbled the agent, and he stormed past a very frustrated Maria Hill.

" Ross !"

" I can't hear you ! " He exclaimed, shoving past a couple of more agents in the debriefing room. He pushed through the glass doors, and once he was outside he deeply sighed.

" Ross! Please, you need to listen to me."

He picked up his pace when he heard her footsteps approaching him from behind, yet the female director was faster than him. She stood in front of him, eyeing him with her glare," Agent Ross."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, rolling his eyes," You've got one minute."

Agent Hill cleared her throat," You are the only person qualified for this mission. No one else is supposed to know, it's classified. Highly classified. The only person with that much clearance is you, and I cannot let anyone else in."

He crossed his arms," Find someone else. Why can't Barton or Romanoff deal with this ?"

" They're busy with the avengers initiative."

" The last time I checked  Stark and Rogers went through their divorce, and now everyone's jumbled up! The avengers my ass, they barely look at each other in the eyes now!"He gritted his teeth, hissing to avoid bursting into an outrage," Not to mention that Rogers have gone awol, along with half of the team."

" Do you know how difficult it was to deal with all the paperwork and meetings ? Hill, I just finished the case and I am not jumping into another one. This is too much."

She clipped her lips together into a tight line," That hard ?"

" Yes ! That hard," he groaned," Let me walk away from this one will you? I've had a rough month, and I am not doing something like this. I mean c'mon, helping the God of thunder look for his dad ? It's just bonkers !"

" You'll just be keeping an eye on Thor as he look for Odin, the king of Asgard," she rephrased.

" Oh, and didn't you mention something about that idiot brother of his that destroyed New York years ago ? About how he might -"

" Might," she emphasized.

" Might be tagging along ! It's just insane!"

" We're not asking you to bring them in," she sighed," We just want you to keep an eye on them. They're looking for a guy we know, a friend of Dr.Cho's. He'll help them look for their dad, you just have to report back to SHIELD."

" Basically I play babysitter to a couple of demigods with daddy issues until they find someone who can actually find their dad."

" Yes. If you put it that way, then yes," she folded her arms.

" I need a raise."

" You tell Fury then," she scoffed.

" Fine, I'll do it. On one condition," he tapped his foot on the floor.

" What?"

" You come along with me, and I don't give two shits if you have an office to run Hill, but you're coming with me. If I'm going to suffer, I'm not doing it alone."

She gave him another glare, " Fine."

" Good, now let's get this over with. Where are we heading?"

" First we get Thor, then from what I've read about this ' sorcerer supreme' - we're going to Istanbul."