viii. Hell Hath No Fury

नरक में क्रोध करना[ Hell Hath No Fury ]

नरक में क्रोध करना
[ Hell Hath No Fury ]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

" Why couldn't they just shorten these spells? They take 17 syllables for me to speak -."

" Stephen."

" Not to mention that they're all -"

" Stephen."

" I mean-"

" Stephen stop talking and don't move."

Stephen clipped his mouth shut, and he turned his attention towards the woman behind him. He was going to continue rambling when he saw her eyes wide and alert, hands held out protectively around her as she eyed the roof of the temple.

Stephen followed, eyeing the wooden ceiling as it gently creaked against the evening breeze. Stephen took note of the absence of sound, and in the distance he could see the swarm of birds migrate away from the mangrove tree in distress. Their crows echoing throughout the Kamar Taj.

Silence fell, and Stephen could hear his own blood rushing to his ears.

It was too quiet.

He wanted to move, to grab her wrist and pull her towards the nearest exit. He wanted to step closer to her, but as he lifted his legs Lisa shot him a look, mouthing to him to stay put.

Footsteps thudded against the ceiling, before coming to stop right above him.

His breath hitched-

and he whispered to her;

" Run."

The roof above him collapsed inwards, and instinctively Stephen shielded himself using a spell. He was struggling to see past the thick dust that encompassed him with the rubble, avoiding his attacker.

But he was faster, taller and definitely much bigger than the former surgeon. He grabbed a hold of his arms, lifting him up with ease, before slamming him against the marble tiles.

Stephen groaned, coughing against his sleeve. His opponent hovered above him, a mop of disheveled black hair covering his identity.The only thing visible were his eyes as they glared at Stephen, and through the scarlet mask he wore ,Stephen could feel him scowl.

" So, you're the Sorcerer Supreme, how disappointing," His voice was low and dripping with distaste," And you're studying as her disciple? How pathetic, to study from some lowly witch."

He swiftly whipped out a sword from the belt strapped behind his back, and it glinted under the light.

He raised it in the air, and Stephen couldn't feel his bones. They were glued to the floor, and he could only look away.