A sleepy proposal

"You know, I'm really glad we started dating."

Ja'far chuckled as (Y/N) spoke up with a yawn, her words drawling out in a mumble. The two of them were curled up on their couch, cuddling there because they were too tired to make it to their room.

"Oh yeah?" He smiled. "Me too."

She yawned again. "Like I don't know...I just...really love you...and I wanna be with you forever, ya'know?"

He nodded and rested his chin on her shoulder, hugging her. "Mhmm, I feel the same."

She blinked innocently. "Really?"

He nodded. "Mhmm. In fact, I got you something awhile back to prove it."

He smiled softly and took the ring he had in his pocket, slipping it onto her hand.

She stared at it a moment as her eyes started to grow heavy. "That's nice."

She was quiet for a minute, as though she'd fallen asleep, before she came awake. "Wait what?!"

She bolted upright and turned so she could look down at him. "This ring is so pretty, where did you get it, wait...are you proposing?!"

Ja'far blinked up at her, his eyebrows furrowing. "(Y/N)...we've been married for three years...?? I just took your ring for you while you were baking...remember?"

There was a moment of silence before the two of them burst out laughing. "I was half asleep leave me alone!" she pouted a bit, still laughing with him.

He grinned. "That was so cute though, what the heck?"

She giggled and settled back down, cuddling into him again, yawning. "Yeah sure, but you know what? You have freckles!"

He chuckled. "This is true....but how is that relevant to your cuteness?"

"I can't imagine what would happen if I were to....kiss them!"

He rolled his eyes. "Are you even awake enough too?"

She yawned. "Always."

Turning around tiredly she planted a kiss on each of the freckles on his face, starting with his cheek and then kissing over his nose. "There, feel my adorable wrath upon your wintry head."

His eyebrows furrowed. "Wintry head? What exactly are you referring to?"

"You're hair is snow."

"You mean like snow..."

"My prose is perfect, frick you."

After they fell silent she yawned again and cuddled into him, resting head on his chest.

"Goodnight Ja'far, I love you."

He smiled and planted a kiss on her head. "I love you too." And then she was asleep, and he soon followed her into the realm of dreams.

A/N: I finally got the new book up. You may notice that I didn't add a requests chapter, which is intentional. I want to finish all the requests in the last book before taking any more. Anyway y'all can look forward to more one-shots and rewrites her as well as some multichapter stories for Ja'far and a few new characters I have yet to write for so yeah. Thanks for reading. -Rei