seven

Jeonghan and Joshua were walking in the park. Jeonghan was really nervous and his palms were sweaty. His head was a mess and he couldn't function properly. After all he was going to confess his love to Joshua, he had all the reasons in the world to be nervous.

Suddenly someone snapped him out of his thoughts:

"Han, Han, JEONGHAN" Joshua says snapping his fingers in front of the boy's face

"Uh sorry what?"

"Can we buy ice cream?"

"Uh sure. I am paying just tell me what flavours you want?"

"Salted caramel and vanilla"

"Salted caramel ew"

"Hey it's my favorite flavour"

"Ok ok" Jeonghan smiles seeing his crush pout

The boy goes and buys ice cream for both of them. They sit on a bench and they start eating.

Without even realising he started staring at his friend. Jeonghan was in love with everything about him, from his big brown eyes to his lovely personality. He really hopped Joshua liked him back. He had a crush on him for a really long time and he couldn't imagine his life without him.

"Oh god he's gorgeous" Joshua suddenly blurts out

"What?"

"Oh sorry"

"Tell me who's gorgeous?" Jeonghan insists

"He"

Joshua was looking at a boy with black hair and pale skin. Jeonghan recognises him as being Seokmin.

Seokmin was one of his friends. He met him during middle school and they got along well.

Now Jeonghan was staring at him. He was confused. 'Wait...'

"Josh..."

"Yeah"

"You like him don't you?"

"Umm I think so"

Jeonghan was on the verge of crying. He wanted to go home right now and cry.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner" Jeonghan said putting a fake smile on his face

"I think I was scared."

"You know you shouldn't be. After all we're best friends and you can tell me anything"

"Thanks Han. You're honestly the best friend I could ever ask for"

"No problem. Anyway I think I need to go home. I have to finish a project that I totally forgot about"

"Oh ok"

"Sorry for leaving like this."

"It's ok. Good luck with your project."

"Thanks. Bye Josh"

"Bye"

And so Jeonghan left. He walked all the way through his home not looking where he was going and hopping he wouldn't bump into someone.

Once he opened the door he ran in his room and started crying. He felt miserable. He was lying on the floor thinking about what just happened. He just wanted to wake up from this horrible nightmare.

His heart was now filled with sadness and his eyes were filled with tears. He never felt like that in his entire life.

Knock knock

"Hey Han can y- OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"

His sister, Jeongyeon, hurried to the place where her brother was lying, crying his heart out.

" Jeonghan why are you crying?"

The boy didn't respond so Jeongyeon just hugged him. She could feel her shirt getting wet from his brother's tears. She could feel his body trembling so she tightened her hug.

"Hanie please tell me what happened"

"He likes someone else" was the only thing the boy could silently mumble

"Who likes someone else?"

"Josh" he whispered

And then silence falls over the room. The only thing that could be heard was Jeonghan crying.

"It's ok Hanie it's ok it's going to be alright. I'm here. Stop crying please."

His sister wanted to cry too. Seeing her brother like that made her feel sad.

"C'mon Han I think you should sleep and we can talk about this when you wake up yeah?"

"Ok"

Jeonghan went in his bed while his sister closed the door and sat on the edge of the bed watching her brother.

"Jeongyeon"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you"

The boy falls asleep thinking about something he said today. 'After all I am your best friend'. And that's what he will always be. Just Joshua's bestfriend and nothing more.

________________________________________________________________
A/N

Hello
I hope you enjoyed this chapter

🌸~Have a nice day~🌸