×4×

I crawled through the shafty vent until I came across a couple of voices below...

"...Bad idea. We get out of here through reception and let Murk Tactical clean it up.",

I looked down an open vent to see that there were two male guards talking about something. I listened in closer to their conversation;

"Yea, if they get here in time. We need help now! If we get them on the radio, the National Guard could be here within-", the other guard was then cut off.

"We don't even know if the radio works."

"It's shortwave. If the prisons got electricity, they've got signal.", I gasped and then began writing in my journal, still listening to them conversing more.

"Murkoff has it under control.", said the other guard sternly.

The other scoffed in response and stated sarcastically. "Yea, I noticed. We need to get to that radio."

"Outside help doesn't come without outside attention. You want to take responsibility for every legally shaky thing you did on the Murkoff Company payroll? I know I don't."

They must be talking about the engine. Or maybe even something worse than that. I wouldn't know. They never exactly told me anything.

"It's too late to worry about that! This just has to stop.", the guards voice sounded startled and shaky. But the other guard got in his face and replied.

"You're scared. You're not thinking straight. Let me make something clear. You try to radio outside for help, I'm gonna give you a whole new something to be scared of."

"Are you threatening me?", the guard asked backing up slowly and the other replied with a simple 'yes'. It did sound like a threat to me indeed. I finished writing in my journal,

There's a radio. In the prison. Shortwave. If it's electronic, I can make it talk, make it work for me. There's hope! Lucas, I'm coming home. My mistake was subtlety, like you always said. I thought leaking information to a few journalists was the safer way. I didn't want the spotlight. The attention. Murkoff is dangerous, I know that. I thought I had to be subtle for your sake, Lucas, for our parents.

But I should have exposed what Murkoff is doing to the world, I should've shouted to anyone and everyone. I can't die. Not before I reach the radio. They can't cover this up now. Its too broken. Too dangerous.

I finally made it to the end of the vent and jumped out. I looked through my night vision camera and saw a man...just sitting there. I quickly turned to the door and moved the shelf out of the way and got out of there. Now into and completely different area that looked like it was a quarantine building. I walked down the hall, stepping in blood in my bare feet and groaning in utter disgust. I made a left turn and turned the know to a door but it was locked. Then it began to bang. I jumped by the sudden loudness. I decided it would be a good idea not to go in that room. Instead, I walked down a hall into what looked to be something place where the officers and guards would watch the prisoners go through two doors on each side. I saw a man and he turned around, he was in a white getup, clearly a doctor or something. But what he said was a different story.

"Help me! Please..! I'm a doctor! I need to get home to my..You're not security. I was...I'm a patient like you. I stole these clothes from a...dead body I found. You gotta let me out of here. Please. Just push the button, open the door. We can get out of here together!"