one

there's a coffee shop on the corner. it's called 'the angel bean,' because every sip tastes like heaven; or at least that's what it says on every to go cup. i quite enjoy it actually.

it's not just the coffee though, it's the decor, the friendly environment, and those goddamn delicious cakes. it's amazing.

there's a nice green and blue color theme, with maybe a touch of purple and yellow here and there. it has plants everywhere, hanging from ceilings, and on every table. simple house plants like cacti, or bamboo, the occasional flower.

the menu's are handwritten on a chalkboard. there are super aesthetic looking cups, in very neutral colors. the cakes are in a little dish, with what looks like hand painted roses.

artwork is all over the walls, and there are sofas and booths, with a fee tables and chairs; big arching windows on the walls to the outside, so that you can look out and enjoy the world. indie music always plays on the overhead speakers.

everything there is so welcoming and comfortable. the vibe is just cozy.

my friend lara and i meet up there every saturday, usually for hours; just to catch up on the week and hang out. although, this week she's visiting her family in the north for her 20th birthday. i'm still nineteen and will be until june in about 4 months.

i had to nothing to do today, since my saturdays are always filled up, due to mine and lara's long chats.

i went to order my usual, a vanilla latte and a vanilla cake with butterscotch drizzle. the usual barista, i think his name is phil, was there. he knew lara and i well, since we were always there.

"the usual." i said, walking up to the counter.

"and how are you today, dan?" he asked.

"pretty good. lara's up visiting family. it's her birthday tomorrow."

"ooh, exciting." he said, as the coffee machine started to make it's usual noises, while he picked up the cake.

"so you're all alone today?" he handed me the cake.

"yeah. that's okay. it gives me some time to think, ya know?" i replied.

"yeah. we can talk if you wanna. maybe get to know more about each other?" he asked, a little timidly. i took a bite of the cake, saying "yeah. i guess." i was a bit taken back by how shy he was acting, but it didn't bother me all that much.

"well, as you know, my name's dan, my best friend is lara, i'm 19 years old, and i live in london." i started.

he replied with "i'm phil, i work as a barista at my own coffee shop, i'm 22, and i also live in london." he chuckled. we talked more and more. i learned his favorite is blue, he likes lions, and he's also from the north, in manchester. he also is quite fond of coffee; never would've guessed that.

hours went by and finally i realized it was 4 in the afternoon.

"oh crap, we've been talking to 3 hours. i gotta go. can't stay in the coffee shop all day, ya know?"

"okay. see ya next saturday, then?" he asked.

"of course, why wouldn't you?" we both chuckled as i left 'the angel bean,' and walked back to my london apartment, replaying mine and phil's conversation over and over again in my head.

i may or may not be developing a crush. i'm kind of glad lara left this weekend.  secretly hoped that she wouldn't be back by next saturday.

a/n: thanks for reading! idk what to put here cuz i have no updates atm. this was actually inspired by some phanart i saw on tumblr, about a coffee shop au. i've been really liking reading coffee shop au's for whatever radon so yeah. also i finally got over my writers block so i was like time to write. anyways lay me know what you think of this. thanks, bye!

also sorry for the long, cringey a/n. Idk how to write.