| welcome to rosie's |

"Welcome to Rosie's Diner. Are you ready to take your order?"

"Ah, so you're the new girl?" Gaten acknowledged with a cheeky grin. He settled his elbows on top of the checkered table, fascination glistening in his expression. Meanwhile, Finn, who sat just across from him, could only gape at the girl towering before the pair. Luckily for him, the girl hadn't noticed him staring at her.

"In all her glory." she smirked, shifting her weight towards her right hip, "The name's Millie. I just moved in a week ago." She stole a curious glance at the other boy. Before she could take notice, his cheeks had flushed a dark shade of pink and a shy smile tugged on his lips.

"They finally found a replacement for that rude a-"

"Gaten!" Finn interrupted. His eyes met Gaten's and he shot his brother a glare of disapproval.

"Well it's true," Gaten shrugged. He continued to marvel at the colorful menu, "Millie, huh? I'll take an English breakfast deluxe, a double stacker cheeseburger with a side of waffle fries, a bowl of clam chowder, onion rings, a chocolate milkshake, and whatever he wants." Gaten nodded invitingly towards Finn.

Millie, who was still trying to catch on to the order, raised her eyebrows in astonishment. Slightly waving her hands in the air, she pointed out, "It's still breakfast hour, are you sure about that?"

"Yes." Gaten answered gravely. 

Finn mentally chuckled at the stunned girl as she continued jotting down the boy's order.

"He's pretty serious about his food," Finn explained as Gaten nodded in agreement. Finn leaned towards Millie– whose gaze had shifted towards him– as if he was about to reveal a secret. "Around here, they call him The Stomach."

"Hey! I call bull." Gaten spat.

"Seriously, man?" Finn asked with narrowed eyes, challenging the boy. Millie continued to watch the two in amusement as he scanned the room until his eyes focused on a redhead, whose back was facing the group.

"Sadie, what do we folks call Gaten around here?" he called out from across the diner, placing his thumb on his chin as if he was thinking.

"The Stomach." Sadie hollered back unhesitatingly, who was too busy cleaning a table to bother looking back at the group.

Finn raised his eyebrows in satisfaction towards Gaten, who huffed in defeat and folded his arms against his chest. Millie nodded with a giggle. Impressed, she said, "Noted. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"That would be just about it." Finn answered with a warm smile, offering their menus to her.

Millie smiled back. She briefly studied his brown eyes and finely structured face before realizing what he had said. "Alright then, I uh- I mean, Sadie will come by with your order." Flustered, she grabbed their menus without another word and turned to pace away towards the counter.

As soon as she was far from earshot, Gaten leaned in, smirking, "What a babe.. I'd hit that." Finn, whose eyes widened at him, kicked him under the table.

"Ow!" he winced in pain, "What was that for?"

"You deserve it," Finn muttered in response before looking back at the girl, Millie.

"Are you.. blushing?" Sadie questioned the brunette girl who had approached her hastily.

"What? No." Millie rushed out. Her face began to heat up and she wondered if her face really was as red as it felt. She began to walk away in an attempt to avoid the conversation but failed when she felt a pair of arms latching onto her sides.