| play by the books |

"Are you going to kiss me again, or just keep admiring the view?" Charlie teased. His eyes were clamped shut but he could hear a smirk forming on Noah's lips.

Noah tangled his hands through Charlie's neat brown hair and delicately traced his fingers down to the smooth skin of his bare chest. He narrowed his eyes and smiled slyly.

Charlie's tilted his head, opening his eyes to study every graceful detail of his face; a bundle of slim fingers radiated a warmth as they met his cold skin.

They sat in solitary in a dark, grubby supply closet, unbeknownst to either of them that it was the same one Finn and Millie had occupied just earlier.

Within seconds, Noah closed the space between the two; his lips crashing onto Charlie's full ones as if they were too strong a force to withstand any longer.

The two adjusted their position so that Noah, the dominating force, could push Charlie onto the wall behind him. Pinning his arms up above his head, they momentarily separated to seize air before their lips collided again.

"You're good at this." Charlie breathed between kisses.

Noah only responded by pressing his lips harder and deeper; and eventually, gliding his sloppy kisses down to the older boy's neck.

Charlie's breath hitched when Noah began leaving purple marks on him he knew he'd love,-

He was marking his territory.

One mark in particular caused Charlie to slightly jump. "Fu-!" he exclaimed, though Noah put his own lips on his before he could finish his word.

"Shh," he hushed soothingly into Charlie's ear. "Someone will hear us. We wouldn't want that, now would we, babe?"

Charlie's eyes widened in the heat of the moment and he shook his head rapidly in agreement.

"Good boy." he cooed before hungrily connecting their lips once more, satisfying their mutual craving for one another.

-

One week later

The library at the high school contained more books than Millie had ever seen before. They were free of dust or mold. The week had passed quicker than she'd hope: being able to freely visit the library everyday after school both pleased and relieved her. Now she could come here and read and immerse herself into an entirely disparate multiverse.

When she had first entered, she had been bombarded by a musty aroma, which she adored more than any other. She looked around. Seeing as there were close to none other present in the dark library aside from her and the librarian, she exhaled relieved breaths.

Millie approached a bookshelf and took a few moments to appreciate the beauty of the lamination-embossed covers. She lifted a handful carefully from the shelf to examine their titles and scan through the first few pages. A number of them were written in Latin, though she didn't mind learning a new language if it meant she would gain knowledge.

She, however, returned the tomes to their shelves and continued looking around until she came across shelves of less delicate, leather-bound books. From here she gathered a few that had piqued her interest. She settled herself, with a contented sigh, in a chaise longue by a window so she could read by the sunset. She stroked the material idly, enjoying the softness of it beneath her fingers, before opening the book she had chosen to read first.

A little while later, the door to the library opened. Millie thought it was just a fellow student coming in to do their homework at the computer station across the room. However, when she looked at the door, she was surprised to see Finn standing there, whose eye she had caught.