1

I jumped awake as I felt a sharp sting on my right cheek. My hand immediately started going up to my cheek but I stopped because I didn't want to look weak in front of him.

Tears pooled my eyes but I didn't dare let one drop because that is what he wanted. He wanted to see me weak. Crying. Hopeless. Begging for mercy. But too bad for him. I'm not giving him the satisfaction of seeing me weak.

"You bitch! You're useless! You shouldn't have even been born. All you are is a burden that I have to carry around until you're fucking 18!" I flinched as he said this but my face was void of any emotion.

I've heard this so many times before and learned to not let it affect me.

He forcefully grabbed my chin, making me look into his disgusting, grey eyes. I mentally gagged at the stench of alcohol and smoke that came out of his mouth when he spoke.

"Look me in the eyes when I talk to you. Now go make me breakfast!" He yelled in my face and threw me at the wall with his hand that gripped my neck.

My head and back hit the wall with a thud and he smirked and walked out as I groaned in pain. I could feel something trickle down my back as I sighed.

I looked in the broken mirror and noticed my blood stained t-shirt. I quickly took off my shirt and put on the only other pair of long sleeved shirt I had since I had to cover up all the cuts and bruises and scars from the previous times he's abused me.

A single traitor tear fell down my cheek and I aggressively wiped at it. I will not cry. I've held it in for so long so why do I feel like crying?

I'm tired. Tired of him. Tired of the abuse. Tired of hiding everyday. Tired of living like this. Tired of everything.

I could just stab myself and bleed to death and then all this pain would go away. I would be free and he wouldn't have to deal with me anymore.

But there is only one thing that is stopping me from doing this.

"Av'y! I's hung'y!" Allison came running into the room.

Allison is the cutest little sister someone could ever ask for.

She took after my father with her long curly blonde hair and huge, adorable chocolatey brown eyes.

I took after my mother with my long wavy brown hair and electric blue eyes that lost their shine a long time ago.

She was only 3 but that didn't stop him from trying to hurt her. Luckily, I would always distract him before he could do anything because I would do anything to keep my sister safe. It was a promise I made my mother before she was gone.

"Alright sweetie, let's go get you something to eat." I said while walking towards her.

She raised her hands up in the air towards me, asking me to lift her up.

I wanted to say no because I could barely walk by myself since every movement made the cuts on my back rip open and rub against my shirt but I softly smiled and lifted her up, hissing quietly at the pain it caused me.

I walked to the kitchen slowly and sat her down on the counter, sighing in relief.

The smell of alcohol and smoke hit my nose almost as soon as I left my room and I could see that the living room was scattered with beer bottles everywhere.