2

I got up, ignoring the unbarring pain and the stares of the people that had crowded around. They were watching my every move and I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't nervous because hell I was about to pee my pants. I hate being the centre of attention. I stood up straight and came face to face with Beth. Everyone held their breaths, waiting for my next move.

They were all expecting me to fight back but I never did. I simply turned around and walked to my locker, grabbed my math book and started walking to class.

I didn't look back once and kept walking with my head high. I could hear whispers and the corners of my mouth lifted slightly even though my heart was beating 200 miles per second.

I entered math class and sat at the very back corner of the room where no one usually sits.

The room filled with more students as the late bell rang. The teacher came in and started talking about some complicated math equation that I had no interest listening too so I zoned out.

I remembered my life before everything changed. How happy I was with my family. I thought of how mine and my sisters life could have been if it weren't for him.

All of the sudden I felt something small and wet hit the side of my face. Some kids in the back row were quietly laughing since their aim hit its target. Me.

My hands clenched into fists and I did my best to calm myself down.

Come on Avery, you can do this. Control your anger. Besides there's only one more year to go and then you'll be free from these people. Unfortunately, I don't think that I will ever be free from him.

My heart starts beating faster suddenly and I have butterflies in my stomach. What the hell? Maybe it's because I didn't have breakfast today. But that's hardly believable since it hasn't ever happened before.

The door burst open and in came 2 exceedingly handsome guys and a gorgeous girl.

The first guy was sporting a man bun and had nice brown eyes. He was wearing a simple white tee and some khaki pants. He had his arm around the girl that was just a few inches shorter than him. The girl had straight, jet black hair that reached just below her shoulders and sky blue eyes. She was wearing a nice summer dress with flats and I envied her long tan legs. Yep, she's definitely a model.

What caught my breath was the last person that came in. His eyes immediately snapped to me as he entered the room. I examined him form afar.

He was wearing black pants and a tight, black t-shirt with a black leather jacket. Damn, I'm pretty sure he has a six pack. One look at him and you could tell he had muscles but they weren't over the edge huge but a reasonable size so that they are noticeable. He was sporting the messy bed head style with his blonde hair and let me tell you that he looked damn hot. His eyes were what caught my attention though. They were bright green. I was mesmerized and I couldn't tear my own eyes away.

It was like every one disappeared and it was just the two of us. I wished we could stay like this forever. But unfortunately, the universe hates me. He looked away and I felt a small something in me break. Huh weird.

"Hi, I'm Ben, this is my girlfriend, Ava, and this is Jake." The man bun guy-er Ben introduced. He openly glared at all the guys when he introduced Ava. Wow, possessive much.

Jake.
Jake.
Jake.
Jake.

Hm I like it.

The teacher told them to go sit down and I was secretly hoping Jake would sit beside me. But luck was not on my side because he decided to sit in the third row with all the popular girls.