5

I slowly opened my eyes and light surrounded me. It wasn't too bright that it hurt my eyes but it sure was bright.

I could hear the birds chirping happily in the distance and the sound of laughter from somewhere outside.

I slide my hand across the blankets which were soft as silk and the bed was really comfy too.

Everything was so peaceful. I smiled. Something I haven't been able to do a lot since everything change. Wait everything changed. I don't have a comfy bed. And my room isn't bright at all. And there is no laughter outside when I wake up everyday.

Where am I? What time is it? Does he know where I am? Where's Ally? Is she alright? All these questions were going through my head as a knock sounded on the door.

The door opened and Jake came in with a large tray of food. My mouth watered at the look of it.

It had a stack of deliciously smelling pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast, a bowl of milk and cereal, and lastly orange juice.

He froze after he set the tray down. My eyes travelled from the food to his eyes and saw that he was checking me out.

His eyes started getting darker if that was even possible.

I looked down only to find myself in a large white t-shirt. I quickly pulled the covers up to my chin in an attempt to hide myself.

He shook his head and cleared his throat as if trying to get out of trance.

"Uh-I brought you breakfast. And don't worry, my sister changed you." He reassured me.

"Where's Ally? Is she okay? What happened? Where am I? What time-" he cut me off by putting a finger to my lips.

My lips felt like they were on fire and for some reason I liked it.

"One question at a time. Ally is safe. She's in the room across from here. You are in my house. It's 8 am. And you don't remember falling asleep last night at the grocery store?"

My mouth dropped open as the memories from last night started coming back to me. The only thing I could think about was getting home. He is sure going to kill me. His specific rule was to come home before 8 and I just broke it plus I didn't buy the eggs.

My breathing started picking up and I fumbled with the blankets, trying to get out.

Once I was out, I ran to the door and just as my hand was on the door knob, I heard a deep growl from behind me.

I froze.

Footsteps came rushing after and I closed my eyes waiting for the impact of the hit to come. It never did come but instead I felt a warm hand on my wrist as it gently lifted my hand from the door knob as if I was made of glass and any harsh movement could shatter me. Little does he know that I'm already past the shatter stage. I've already been broken tons of times, every time into even little pieces.

"Open your eyes, princess." Jake softly whispered as he turned me around to face him.

"Please don't-don't call me that." I said to him because it only reminded me more of what my dad used to call me and how I'm anything but that.

I opened my eyes and looked down, not wanting to get trapped in his eyes again.

"You're going to eat breakfast first." He started pulling me the bed, where he stood at the edge and watched me pick up a slice of bacon.

The crispy taste of the bacon hit me like none other and I honestly felt like I was in heaven. I don't even remember eating something like this because it's been so long since I actually had proper food to eat. I devoured the piece in a matter of seconds and only then did I realize how hungry I was. I hadn't eaten for what, 3 days now? 4 even? I don't know.