SEVENTEEN

I weakly get off of bed after hearing my alarm go off. Another day of fake feelings. Another day of random people approaching me asking if I'm okay.

My feet take short quiet steps towards the bathroom. As I prepare myself to take shower my phone goes off twice. I sigh before reaching over to my phone.

Two Text Messages:
Maria (1)
Simon(1)

From Maria: Wanna hang out later? Me and Stewart are going to the park :)

From Simon: Can you meet me behind the school building during free period. Please

I walk out of the bathroom before sitting on my bed. My head falls in my hands as I try and keep my breathing steady. I answer Maria with a quick 'sure'.

But with Simon I just stare at the text. Am I ready to face him yet. I clear my head and remember what I've told myself. I need to live normally, I have to act normal.

To Simon: Uh sure I guess. See ya

My finger hovers over the send button for awhile thinking if I should really meet up with him. I shrug and press the button before dropping my phone speeding towards the bathroom. I undress and go to take a quick shower.

I finish and step out of the bathroom to get dressed. I chose a white and black Nike windbreaker (the jacket Simon was wearing in his video "I am Lebron James") with all white sweatpants and all white Nikes. I do one last check in the mirror before exiting my room.

I still have about 30 minutes to spare so i decide to make some food for me and the others.

As I'm cooking I begin to hear some noise behind me but I choose to ignore it and continue cooking. "Whatcha cooking bestie" I hear Ashlee's voice come out as happy which makes me laugh. "Wow aren't you happy this morning" I say turning around to face her. "Just excited about something" she said placing her head on her palm as she sits down on one of the bar stools.

"Finished. Fuck are you talking about" I laugh but Ashlee just shrugs smiling. I roll my eyes and finish the food. "Ashlee call mom tell her to come and eat" I ask Ashlee. I hear her footsteps get farther away giving me the sense she is going to my moms room. "Ms.Borbon what happened" I heard Ashlee's voice say and I run over.

My mom was sat on her bed crying her eyes out. "Mom mom what's wrong" I say sitting on the bed with her wiping her tears away. "Joyce, my job here has been moved again" she says in between sobs making me freeze confused. "Wait what does that mean" I urge my mom and she breathes in deeply before speaking.

"Joyce. My job got moved again back to America but in New York. I was thinking and you and Ashlee should stay here, I will send you two money until you girls get a job to pay for yourselves. You two are comfortable here and Tobi is here to help you two. I will miss you two girls. I have to leave next week" Mom finished and I had tears in my eyes as well.

I take slow, deep breaths before speaking. "Okay. Mom I will miss you dearly but I can't stop you. Me and Ashlee love you so much and so does Tobi. I will make sure to tell him later. I love you" I said as calmly as I could at the moment. She smiles and gives me a tight hug.

"Well mom I made food so you should go and eat. We need to get to school" I said standing up off the bed holding my moms hand. She nodded and followed me into the kitchen. "See you later mom. I love you" I said before shutting the door.

Ashlee is stood there smiling sadly at me. I turn around and give her a soft hug. "I'm gonna miss your mom Joyce" Ashlee says pulling away from the hug. I nod "Me too". "Okay let's go" I said pointing towards the lift. Me and Ashlee walk towards it talking about things.

We make it outside. The sun was out yet it was still a dark day. We continue down the road leading to our high school. Seeing all the people in groups all around campus making me feel small. So much is happening in my life.

"I will see you in class" I heard Ashlee say before she left. I walk to my locker seeing a piece of folded paper taped on. At first I think nothing of it until I take it off seeing my name and a J. I stare at it puzzled before unfold it seeing a many words.

Hello Joyce,
I see the boys have finally backed off of you. Now if you won't mind I think you should stay away from them for good because if you don't I will come after you. That's all i wanted to say. See ya freak

I can't believe this. I read it over and over again until I got to the point where I know I can't do anything. I was shaking, I can't hang out with them anymore. What am I supposed to do. I shove the note in the pocket before throwing my things into my locker.

I walk around until I get to the cafeteria. I peer in after hearing the familiar laughs. They were all sat there at our regular table laughing about something. I rest against the doorframe as I just watch them. They were supposed to be my friends but I can't be friends with them. I already know that note was from Emily and who knows what she could do.

As I'm looking over I see Simon looking the other way. He seemed deep in thought. He thens moves his head to the side. Before he did, I saw those icy blue mesmerizing eyes lock with mine. He sits up straight continuing to look in my eye as I do the same. I see him place his hands on the table pushing himself to stand up. At that moment I return to reality and look away running away.

Simons POV

She ran. I jumped up from my seat running after her seeing her swerve through the halls. I end up loosing her in the crowd. I stop standing tall trying to see where she was. I grunt stomping my foot on the ground in frustration.

"Simon! Yo why did you run buddy" JJ approaches me making me turn around. "I-I saw her and sh-she made e-eye contact with me and we l-locked eyes and she r-ran. She ran" I said falling into JJs arms. JJs hand was rubbing up and down my arm comfortingly as I let small tears fall from my eyes.

I never cry. What's happening to me. Joyce. Joyce Borbon did this. If only I hadn't lost her I could be holding her in my arms right now. I could've already told her how I feel. "Simon calm down. You will see her at free period right" JJ asks.

"What how did you know" I ask and JJ chuckles. "I saw the text when I went through your phone earlier" he said folding his arms and I just laugh. He then starts to run away "Oi" I yell running after him.

Free Period

I was walking out of school after hearing the bell ring saying its free period. Joyce wasn't in math class today making me distracted the whole time. The whole time I kept looking up at the door waiting for her.

As I turn the corner I see a girl with the same jacket as me making me smile knowing it was her. She was sat on a bench with her head down.

"Joyce" I call out and she turns around.

A/N
Listening to Eminem while writing this. Didn't give me any ideas though XD. Enjoy!!

J.B x