NINETEEN

I wake up in an unfamiliar room. I shoot up from bed and rub my head. That's when I realized where I was.

I stayed the night at Maria and Stewart's place because they told me it was to late for me to go home. I calm down and lay back in the bed I was currently on. I went to grab my phone that was placed on a small table to the right of me.

As the screen turns on I see many notifications of texts messages. Luckily I already told my mom I was staying at Stewart's place so she agreed because she knows Stewart.

Seven Text Messages
Simon (2)
Ashlee (2)
Tobi (1)
Vik (1)

Vik? Vik never texts me. I sigh deeply before opening up every one of those messages.

From Simon: I read the note. You need to talk to me about it

From Simon: Ashlee told me your not home, are you okay?! Joyce answer me please

From Ashlee: Joyce where are you. Your not home and the boys don't know where you are. Answer please

From Ashlee: Joyce it's midnight and your not home where are you!

From Tobi: Joyce everyone is panicking over you because we don't know where you are. Please answer me at least

From Vik: I saw you run out of school and go with two people. I also saw you watching us out in the field. Joyce talk to me

Everyone was panicking over me. I forgot to text Ashlee last night shit. I quickly text Simon, Ashlee and Tobi back saying I was fine and I'm with some friends.

Vik on the other hand. His text confused me yet I knew exactly what he wanted. I didn't know what to tell Vik. How am I supposed to tell him everything that's going on. Then there was a slightly knock on my door.

Maria's head peeked in and she smiled. "Hey how was your sleep" she said and I sat up in bed. "It was good actually. Thanks for letting me stay here by the way" I said standing up to give her a hug which she accepted.

"Don't worry about it. Your a close friend of Stewart's so I would like to get to know you more" she said and I nodded thanking her once again. "Okay well do you want to eat here first or do you wanna head home" she asked me and I pondered for a bit.

"I guess I can eat. I'm hungry anyways" I said and she nodded telling me to follow her as we walked out of the room. They had this beautiful kitchen that was quite big as well. Stewart was laying on one of the couches watching Tv so Maria joined him. "Stewart how can you live like this and your only 17" I said in awe of the house.

"Correction I'm 18 Joyce. I never told anyone before but yes I am 18" Stewart said and I just laughed. "I always knew you were older than the rest of us. I mean look at you" I laugh again. "Whatever anyways go on there's food up there go eat" Stewart said pointing up onto the counter where there were plates of food.

"Thanks" I said as I grabbed my own plate and started getting food. I stood behind the couch they were currently on and began to eat. We ended up watching a football games.

Leeds United was one of the teams. Reminded me of Simon. His favorite football team was Leeds, I remember when I was tutoring him he would try and tell me about Leeds and it's history yet I would pretend I wasn't listening to the point where he had to tackle me to get my attention. I smiled at the memory thinking about different tutoring moments.

Suddenly I felt a pain in my right arm. I yelped out. "Ow fuck" I said holding my arm. Stewart was there laughing making me realize what it was. "Really you had to pinch me" I said continuing to rub my arm in attempt to soothe the pain. "Your were smiling at something. What is it" he asked and I roll my eyes. "Nothing okay. I just remembered something" I said simply before continuing to eat.

"Something about Simon" Stewart asked and I looked over at him giving him a fake disgusted face. "No. Of course not" I say but it comes out not as I wanted it to. "So you were thinking about Simon. You need to talk to him" Maria said and I just shrugged. I checked the time seeing it was 8:27. "I should head home now. School starts in like 30 minutes" I said standing up to put my plate away.

"Nice job Stewart now she wants to leave" I heard Maria whisper before slapping Stewart playfully on the arm. I just laughed and went over to the room I stayed in to get my phone and backpack.

"Bye Joyce" Stewart said coming up to me giving me a hug. "Bye Stewart. I'll text you later" I said pulling away from the hug to get my shoes. "Okay come on Joyce" Maria said opening the front door. I wave once again at Stewart before leaving the house.

"Your still going to school today" Maria asks as she drives. "I don't think so. Everyone was just worried about me so I'm gonna show myself to them so they can calm down" I said chuckling lightly. She just nods and the rest of the car ride was silent. It's comforted me, usually I hate silence but it actually was really relaxing. Silence, where nothing was bothering you.

I see the tower come in view as I grab my backpack getting ready to exit the vehicle. "Bye Maria see you soon" I said while reaching over to give her a quick hug. I walked into the tower trying my best to pass Sally. "Joyce. Where were you last night. All of the boys came down here and asked me" Sally asked in a stern tone. "I was at a friends place" I said and Sally narrowed her eyes at me. "Nothing happened right" she said and I nodded. "Good now go up I will tell them your here" she said and I nodded walking towards the lift.

The lift ride felt like hours as I didn't look forward to seeing everyone in the flat worrying about me.

Soon enough I made it to the door and grabbed my key. I unlocked it slowly before peeling my head in slightly. Everyone was faced the other way on the couches. I shut the door as quiet as I can, luckily they haven't turned around yet. But then Tobis head turned and he saw me. I quickly put my fingers to my lips pleading him to stay quiet. He looked at me confused before sighing and tiring around.

I continued walking until I heard my name boom through the flat. I froze and sighed turning around on my heel. "Hey guys" I said awkwardly leaning back against the wall. "Where were you. I was so worried" Ashlee asked and I scoffed. "Why didn't you ask Mom" I asked and she didn't say anything. I rolled my eyes and walked to my room.

"Joyce what's wrong with you" Ashlee asked me pulling me back before I made it so my room. "You would know if you ever gave a shit about me" I said angrily yanking my arm away from her grip.

A/N
Im sorry Ashlee but it had to be you. I have hella ideas for this book. Enjoy!!

J.B x