Chapter 29- Connect the Dots 3

"I was a mistake of nature, a mad beast."

- Andrei Chikatilo, also known as "Butcher of Rostov," was one of the most notorious serial killers in Russian history, and is believed to have been responsible for the murder of at least 53 people. He was convicted and for 52 of these murders in October 1992 and subsequently in February 1994. 

Chapter 29- Connect the Dots 3

The night fell quickly, the music at the strip club was blaring, and people were beginning to emerge from the comfort of their homes. Bodies silken with sweat, the girls of the night twisted themselves on the stage like circus ribbons; beautiful and captivating. It was no wonder that most men, no matter the age, was drawn to them. 

But their was one women in particular that, like a siren, called all the men to her side with the sickly sweet call of her laughter and the magical twirl of her lips. Eyeliner cut like a knife, lips slashed with red, and a body like an hourglass, she was the most beautiful sight to behold. With skin as dark as the nights sky, the sweat on her body twinkled under the light like stars. Cleopatra was the name she gave to the men who paid for her company. Cleo was the name she gave to her friends, and her favourite client. 

She could not see his face, but she could sense his presence. If she did not need the money her current occupation offered her, she knew that she would have spent the night in his arms, watching a comedy on the TV while her son played with his lego on the ground below them. But she did need the money, so she could not. Instead, they would steel an hour away with each other in one of the back rooms after he paid a heavy sum to her boss. 

She was loved by many, in the bedroom and out of the bedroom, so her boss did not mind when her boyfriend came to visit. The only way to tell him apart from the vast amount of men in the room was by his beard, cut short and kept, which when added to the piercing of his eyes, cloaked him with an allure of danger.

He stalked towards her, slid a fifty in her pocket, and pulled her towards the back room. A long day had made him agitated, wearing the line of his patience thin. His friend had joined him at the bar, also after a long day, and had already slipped into a room with the girl of his choosing. 

He just wished to be a home with the women he loved in his arms, but could not. He knew she would not leave the place out of fear that she would not be able to pay for her child's future. He had offered to pay for the child many times, but even Cleo knew that his money would not be enough to fund the child's future. Although his job was stable, it did not make him rich like many claimed. 

If anything, he had an average income which allowed him to buy the groceries every week, pay for his and Cleo's apartment, and then the extra coins went into his savings to pay for his visits to Cleo or for her son's babysitter. 

Once they reached the back room, she didn't even get the chance to say his name before he locked his lips with hers. She reciprocated immediately, missing his shiver inducing touches. Tangling her hands in his hair, they fell backwards onto the cushions. 

But just as they did, a loud thud echoed in the room behind them, jerking from each others arms. Exchanging a glance, they quietly pressed their ears up against the wall, attempting to hear what was on the other side. 

There was another loud thud, and then a scuffle, and then a shout. The mans eyes widened and pressed a finger to his lips, motioning for her to follow behind him silently. He debated the two paths he could take; go and investigate, possibly saving someones life, or run. Stepping outside the room, he placed one foot in the direction of the pounding music, wishing to escape the circumstance they were in. But then a tug at his sleeve changed his course of action. Cleo wanted to go and investigate.