Chapter 24 - First Date.

Guys ahhhh! Meant To Be is #16 in fan fiction! You don't know how much this means to me, so thank you so much for all of your love and support. ❤️ Also this is officially the longest chapter I've ever written.

Virat's P.O.V.

*back to real time*

Not only have I caused a lot of shit with her ex fiancé, now I may have just ruined her fucking career.

Way to go, Virat! Idiot.

Although nothing had quite happened between Kyrun and Maya yet, I was still scared. That is why every night, I got one of my team mates to keep her occupied for the evening. I couldn't risk leaving her alone. What if something happened?

At the moment, I was sitting next to Maya on her sofa in her apartment. She had an ice bag on her leg where I had accidentally hit her.

"Virat.." She said.

"Hmm." I mumbled and I looked at her.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I chuckled.

"You're the Virat Kohli."

"Yes... I know that." I looked at her, with a confused face to piss her off.

"Idiot." She mumbled, and I chuckled

"Seriously, what do you mean?" I questioned.

"You're so rich and successful and hot." She said and I nodded. "Why are you so happy with hanging out with someone like me?"

"Because, you Maya Sandhu, you are a very special girl." I said, and straight away her cheeks turned pink.

"Seriously. I've never quite met someone like you, and I'm glad I have." I smiled, she smiled back at me and we had a little moment, of where we just stared into each other's eyes for 2 minutes.

Was I ready to make a move? Fuck, what was this girl doing to me?

Just then, Maya's doorbell rang. Whoever that was, I hated them already.

Sighing, she got up and answered the door.

"Hey!" She exclaimed. It was Harjit.

"Hey sis!" He smiled and walked in. I'd told him about Kyrun, and I had told Ricky too.

"Kidaan, paaji!" He laughed and shook my hand.

"Wadia ji apna sunao?" I asked with a smile and he chuckled.

"Theek." He replied and Maya both stared at us with her mouth, wide open.

"Keep that closed, love." I said, and lifted her jaw back up with my hand.

"Get off me." She gave me the cutest dirtiest look I've ever seen, and moved my hand away from her face.

"Since when have you been best friends?" She asked.

"Uh, since Monday." Harjit said.