Chapter 34 - Bowling Coach & Jealousy.

"So, in a few days, you'll be flying to Mohali with the Punjab team, and you'll start training with the team. I'm not sure of their plans, so any further questions, you'll have to ask Viru Paji, and you'll get a chance to ask him tomorrow, he's coming here for a little meeting with you." He said and I smiled and nodded.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"No, I wanted to speak to you about our head bowling coach." He said and I nodded. "As you know we're struggling with our bowling at the moment, with the coach on leave, and with the England tour that is soon, me and Virat both think that it's right to say goodbye to our bowling coach, just for a few months maybe."

"Yeah, I mean if you can find someone to replace him that'd be a good idea. Fresh mind and new techniques after a hard time, it will do them good." I nodded. "How come you're asking me?" I asked.

"Maya, we want you to take his place."

"You want me to take his place? Me?" I raised my eyebrow making him laugh.

"Yes, you Maya. Your bowling techniques are original, with a bit of training you could make them the best bowlers in the world." He smiled.

"You really want me to take his place?" I raised my eyebrow again.

"Yeah!" He laughed. "Now, we need to get back. First I need you to sign this." He gave me a sheet of paper and a pen.

"What is it?"

"Just to confirm that you're the new head bowling coach." He smiled. "Bear in mind that this does require a lot more time and meetings than a regular coach." He said and I nodded, understanding.

I was being promoted to one of the most important coaching roles of India Cricket. Woah.

"Thanks, Maya." He smiled and got up from his seat. "I also want to tell you something."

"Shoot."

"Virat and I, the only thing we have agreed on in this past 6 months is that you should be the bowling coach." He said and I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Not many people know this, but the truth is that me and Virat have a lot of obvious differences, and neither of us want to give it up. The rumours in the papers are all true. And I have made my decision. I don't want to harm anyones future here, so I'm leaving it to Virat. I've decided to resign."

"What? But the team are-"

"It doesn't matter, anymore. When IPL starts, I'm no longer the Head Coach."

"Oh. I don't know what to say. Is this Virat's fault?"

"No, definitely not." He chuckled. "I admit that my ego did get in the way a lot of the time, so I am putting the blame on myself. There's no reason to lie about it."

"Virat seems fine with you though?"

"Behind closed doors it's a different story."

"Then who will be the head coach?"

"That's for BCCI to decide."

"When-"

"Stop with the questions will you?"

"Sorry I-"

"Let's get to training!" He exclaimed with a smile. We walked out to the field, and called the boys over.

"Boys, meet your new head of bowling, Maya Sandhu." He casually said and everyone gasped apart from Virat, who already knew. They all cheered and congratulated me.

"You knew?" I raised my eyebrow and walked over to Virat.

"I know everything, baby." He winked and I rolled my eyes. "Doesn't a promotion mean a celebration?" He winked and put his hand on my waist.