Chapter 44 - London.

2 days later

Yesterday seemed like it had lasted a week. I was impatiently waiting for it to end.

Virat was coming today.

Finally.

It had been 2 long weeks since I'd seen that beautiful face of his. Ricky had just texted me saying he was on his way back home with Virat.

Virat had asked me to pick him up, but we both agreed that it would be better if I jumped on him when he came to my house, rather than in the airport, when we were surrounded by the media.

From Virat I can't wait to see you. Get a cup of tea ready for me 😘

To Virat I can't wait to see you too. 💖 I'll do it now. How far are you?

From Virat About 15 minutes I think.

I mentally screamed with excitement.

"What are you smiling at, Maya?" Selena smirked at me.

My parents both looked up, eyebrows raised.

"What? Nothing." I quickly said. "Virat asked me to get some chaa ready. Anyone want some?" I asked.

"Yes." All three of them said at the same time.

"Selena." I raised my eyebrow and she raised hers. "Come help me." I said and she groaned before getting up. I walked to the kitchen and started getting the things out.

"You're doing a really bad job of hiding your excitement." Selena laughed.

"It's not my fault! I miss him. It's been nearly 3 weeks. Going from seeing him every day to not seeing him for 2 and a half weeks is quite big. Especially with how he helped me after, you know." I mumbled.

"You're so in love." She grinned and I shrugged, also with a grin.

We stood there, not talking for over 5 minutes, just watching the tea.

"I hope he talks to dad. Otherwise I will drag him into that room and ask dad myself for permission." I chuckled.

"Oh, I have a feeling he will." Selena smirked.

The buzzer for the gate went off.

"Oh my gosh he's here!" I whisper-shouted. "Open the door whilst I make sure my face is okay." I quickly said and got my phone camera out.

"Woman, just watch the chaa." Selena rolled her eyes and went to open the door.

A few seconds later, I finally heard his voice.

"Hey, Virat!" I heard Selena exclaim.

I hid around the corner of the kitchen. I'd try to scare him as he walked in.

"Hey, Selena." I heard Virat say. "Where's Maya?"

I smiled to myself.

"Never mind Maya, nice to see you again." My dad chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. Virat was thinking of me, and my dad delayed our meeting.

"Come inside for 2 minutes and you can meet Maya. She's just finishing off your chaa." My dad said and soon, I heard everyone go to the living room.

Thanks, dad.

Once the tea was done, I poured some into everyone's mugs, and I heard the kitchen door open.

I put the mug down and turned around, with a grin on my face.

"Virat!" I exclaimed and ran to him.