Chapter 40 - Maya Vs Virat

Maya's P.O.V.

A long week had passed without Virat's presence. Of course, we called, and we facetimed every day, but I just couldn't wait for the day ahead of me. His team were arriving in a little while. I missed being in his arms, and always seeing his smile. I knew I was safe, with Ravi being around, but it was different. Virat made me feel so safe and secure, nothing would happen to me again, as long as he was there.

"Missing him?" Ravi asked and sat on the chair next to me. We were having a little 5 overs each warm up match, coaches vs players before Virat's team arrived. I was sitting in the dugout, and Ravi, aka the first aider, was putting physio tape on my leg.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Yes. I can't wait to see him. But we can only hang out for a little. He's going to England for some reason." I sighed.

He smirked and looked down.

"Do you know something I don't?" I asked.

His head shot up.

"Me? No. Don't know anything." He shook his head and shrugged. "Does he have family there?"

I shrugged in response.

"Probably." I mumbled. "Ouch!" I exclaimed when Ravi ripped a bit of tape off my leg.

"Sorry!" He grinned. "Is that what it feels like to have your legs waxed?" He asked, making me burst out with laughter.

"No. It hurts more." I said, and he looked behind me with a smile. I tried to turn around but Ravi made me look forward.

"Stop moving! I can't put this on your leg otherwise!" He groaned.

"So I have to keep my head still for you to bandage up my leg?" I raised my eyebrow. He nodded. "You're such an idio-"

My speech was cut off by a bucket of ice cold water being poured over my head, making me scream.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed whilst I jumped up. Ravi started laughing his head off. I turned around, with a pissed off face. There, I saw Virat standing with an empty bucket. My eyes softened at the sight of him.

Finally.

"It was Manan." Virat said and threw the bucket at Manan, who was standing next to him.

"It was your idea!" He exclaimed.

"Who was it?" I raised my eyebrow.

Virat pointed at Manan. Manan pointed at Virat.

"Is wasn't me yaar!" Manan whined. Virat grinned. It was him.

"It was you, wasn't it?" I asked Virat and he smirked.

He shrugged.

"Fancy a hug?" I smiled.

I knew for a fact that he'd hate it if I even touched him when my clothes were wet and his were dry.

"No." His smile disappeared and he shook his head.

"Don't run, Virat. Do you remember the day I did 4 laps around the field, quicker than you?" I asked with a smirk.

"No." He mumbled. I knew he remembered it well. It was the day we met.

I smirked at him and walked up to him.

"Get away from me." He said, moving backwards.

I laughed in response.

"If you don't touch me, you can do what I just did to you after the game. I promise. And I'll buy you dinner tonight." He quickly said. I shrugged. "And I'll give you a kiss goodbye." He whispered and smirked.