Chapter 7.

Elena's POV

I can't believe Cal actually proposed. I am so happy there are no words to describe how I am feeling. I have been staring at the ring that Cal gave me for hours. "Elena.", my father says walking into the room with tears in his eyes.

"Dad, What's wrong?", I ask. Unsure I want to hear the answer.

"It's your mother. She was driving home and a drunk driver hit her off the road. Her car flipped a few times and by the time anyone came to help she was already dead.", he said. At his words tears spring in my eyes by the time he was done talking I was full out bawling. He sat down on the bed and holds me close to his chest. "Shh.", he said while stroking my hair. I layed down on the bed and went to sleep.

I wake up next morning feeling numb. I didn't want to get out of bed but, I needed someone to comfort me and the person that always comforts me is Cal. Also, I knew my mom wouldn't want me to stop living just because she died. I go into the closet and pick out a yellow flowy dress with matching shoes. I walk out of my room with the twins following me. I walk to Cal's room and go in without knocking. "Cal-", I say. I stop and wish I gad never came into this room at all. There on the bed is Cal and a servant with dark blue wings with green stripes. He must have heard me because he turned around with his eyes going wide.

"Elena.", he said. I ran out of the room with tears streaming down my face. "Don't let him near me.", I told Ethan. Ethan threw Cal back into his room when he tried to follow me.  Brandon followed me into the garden where I sat down on the bench and took off Cal's ring and threw it on the ground. While I was crying I heard a branch snap from the trees. "Stay here.", Brandon said. He went into the trees only for his body to be thrown out a few seconds later. After Brandon's body came out of the trees so did a figure in black. He walked towards me. I scream and turned to start running but he was closer than I thought and something was pressed over my mouth and nose and then I passed out.

Unknown POV

"She's in the garden with one of the Fenton twins Brandon I believe.", my guard tells me.

"On my way.", I say. I go into the trees carefully not to make a sound. When my foot slipped and a stepped on a branch. I hid behind a tree and Brandon came in a few moments later. I slit his throat and then tossed his body back onto the garden pavement. Then, I step out of the trees and then put a cloth bathed in chloroform over her face. Then, I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder and put her in the back of the car. We start driving to my castle I know how eager my son is to see his bride. The next day we get to my castle and Damon runs out of the castle with his black hair messed up and his sparkling blue eyes. Damon opens the car door and looks down at Elena. "Calm down son. She is yours forever.", I say.

"Thanks, Father.", Damon says.

Cal's POV

I am so stupid. I didn't want to be with the servant girl, but when Elena's father brought her in our wings fluttered and I knew she was my soulmate. I didn't want to hurt Elena, but that is exactly what I did. I failed her now she probably won't ever speak to me ever again.